Dear W3C expert, excuse me.

海波
Hello, there is a question that has been bothering me, for a long time to take the liberty to ask you about. Why not add one click property in the latest CSS standard?

Re: Dear W3C expert, excuse me.

Sebastian Zartner-3
On 7 May 2016 at 09:46, 海波 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, there is a question that has been bothering me, for a long time to take the liberty to ask you about. Why not add one click property in the latest CSS standard?

It is unclear to me what you are asking for. Could you please clarify what you want to achieve and propose an example syntax for how you would solve your issue?

Sebastian

Re: Dear W3C expert, excuse me.

Olivier Percebois-Garve
Hi

It seems to me that he is referring to a ":clicked" pseudo-class, that would permit to avoid the ":clicked" hack to for instance highlight clicked menu items.
description of the ":checked" hack: http://timpietrusky.com/advanced-checkbox-hack

regards

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 3:40 PM, Sebastian Zartner <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 7 May 2016 at 09:46, 海波 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello, there is a question that has been bothering me, for a long time to take the liberty to ask you about. Why not add one click property in the latest CSS standard?

It is unclear to me what you are asking for. Could you please clarify what you want to achieve and propose an example syntax for how you would solve your issue?

Sebastian

Re: Dear W3C expert, excuse me.

Brian Kardell

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Olivier Percebois-Garve <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

It seems to me that he is referring to a ":clicked" pseudo-class, that would permit to avoid the ":clicked" hack to for instance highlight clicked menu items.
description of the ":checked" hack: http://timpietrusky.com/advanced-checkbox-hack

regards

the :checked hack though at least remains semantic-ish for screen readers and other accessibility purposes.  I don't think it is totally crazy to try to do something, but it'd need a good proposal that didn't ignore a11y.

--
Brian Kardell :: @briankardell