DOM Core: DOMImplementation.createDocumentType(qualifiedName) requires namespace support

DOM Core: DOMImplementation.createDocumentType(qualifiedName) requires namespace support

Philippe Le Hegaret

[Based on the assumption that the Web API Working Group is now
maintaining the DOM Core, I'm forwarding this issue in this list.]

The DOMImplementation.createDocumentType(qualifiedName) method includes
the following exception:

[[
  Exception

    NAMESPACE_ERR: Raised if the qualifiedName is malformed.
]]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-DOM-Level-3-Core-20040407/core.html#Level-2-Core-DOM-createDocType

Having looked into the archives, it looks like this issue feel into a
crack more than 5 years ago and got never addressed in the DOM Working
Group. Given that the intent of DOM Core has never been to require the
support for namespaces, I do believe this is a bug in the specification,

Regards,

Philippe