DISelect when and switch/case in XFORMS

JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA

Dear all,

I'm here one more time :-) with some doubts. Conceptually, I see the
DISelect <when> very similar to the switch/case XFORMS structure. Why it
as decided not to extend the switch/case already present in XFORMS?

Thanks and Best Regards

RE: DISelect when and switch/case in XFORMS

Rhys Lewis

Hello Jose,

This is a good point.

The group was a little uncomfortable about this when we designed the markup. The issue for us was that it was important for DISelect to be useable in markup languages that don't include XForms. As I may have mentioned earlier, the Timed Text group was looking at our specification at the time. So, we needed DISelect itself not to require other markup that might not be available in other profiles. Hence we ended up needing to specify the if and select markup and to rely on the namespace distinguishing between them.

Best wishes
Rhys