DAV and DeltaV properties for an activity

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DAV and DeltaV properties for an activity

Werner Donné

Hi,

Section A.13 of RFC 3253 says that an activity supports all DeltaV-
compliant properties, which include the DAV properties. What would
be the meaning, for an activity, of the properties getcontentlanguage
and getcontenttype? Section 3.1.4 seems to allow to leave them out
of the supported-live-property-set if they have no semantics for an
activity, but shouldn't the semantics be explained for the common
live properties if there are any?

Regards,

Werner.
--
Werner Donné  --  Re
Engelbeekstraat 8
B-3300 Tienen
tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DAV and DeltaV properties for an activity

Julian Reschke

Werner Donné schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Section A.13 of RFC 3253 says that an activity supports all DeltaV-
> compliant properties, which include the DAV properties. What would
> be the meaning, for an activity, of the properties getcontentlanguage
> and getcontenttype? Section 3.1.4 seems to allow to leave them out
> of the supported-live-property-set if they have no semantics for an
> activity, but shouldn't the semantics be explained for the common
> live properties if there are any?

Well, the semantics are the ones defined in RFC2518. That is, if an
activity responds to a GET request, then those properties should behave
just as the HTTP response headers Content-Language and Content-Type.

What am I missing?

Best regards, Julian

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DAV and DeltaV properties for an activity

Werner Donné

An activity has no contents, so the HTTP headers wouldn't apply
and hence the corresponding properties have no meaning either.

Werner.

Julian Reschke wrote:

> Werner Donné schrieb:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Section A.13 of RFC 3253 says that an activity supports all DeltaV-
>> compliant properties, which include the DAV properties. What would
>> be the meaning, for an activity, of the properties getcontentlanguage
>> and getcontenttype? Section 3.1.4 seems to allow to leave them out
>> of the supported-live-property-set if they have no semantics for an
>> activity, but shouldn't the semantics be explained for the common
>> live properties if there are any?
>
> Well, the semantics are the ones defined in RFC2518. That is, if an
> activity responds to a GET request, then those properties should behave
> just as the HTTP response headers Content-Language and Content-Type.
>
> What am I missing?
>
> Best regards, Julian
>
>

--
Werner Donné  --  Re
Engelbeekstraat 8
B-3300 Tienen
tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: [hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DAV and DeltaV properties for an activity

Julian Reschke

Werner Donné schrieb:
> An activity has no contents, so the HTTP headers wouldn't apply
> and hence the corresponding properties have no meaning either.

It doesn't have to (that is, the spec avoids standardizing what the
content may be), but I don't think there's a requirement not to have any
content.

Best regards, Julian