Content-Style-Type

Wilson, Kimberly

I was checking an index.html document on my localhost

You said this:

Line 6, Column 63: Bad value Content-Style-Type for attribute http-equiv on element meta.

When you have on your own site this:

http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/Elements/meta

In Example A:

Kim Wilson, MSCIS | Systems Analyst – Sakai & IS Academic Systems | Albany Medical Center | 518-264-1055

----------------------------------------- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is protected by law and is for the sole use of the individuals or entities to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this email and destroying all copies of the communication and attachments. Further use, disclosure, copying, distribution of, or reliance upon the contents of this email and attachments is strictly prohibited. To contact Albany Medical Center, or for a copy of our privacy practices, please visit us on the Internet at www.amc.edu.

Re: Content-Style-Type

Jens Oliver Meiert

Not commenting on the validation issue here, but you don’t need to set
a Content-Style-Type. This is well covered by content sniffing [1]
(wondering aloud, though not spec’ed out in MIME Sniffing [2] yet?),
and there is de facto only one style language on the Web.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/infrastructure.html#content-type-sniffing
[2] http://mimesniff.spec.whatwg.org/#sniffing-in-a-style-context

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

Re: Content-Style-Type

David Dorward-3

On 22 Aug 2014, at 10:55, Jens O. Meiert wrote:

Not commenting on the validation issue here, but you don’t need to set
a Content-Style-Type. This is well covered by content sniffing

Isn't the applicable part of the spec the new definition of the style attribute, which is now defined to use CSS instead of the document's Content-Style-Type?

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/

Re: Content-Style-Type

Jens Oliver Meiert
> Isn't the applicable part of the spec the new definition of the style
> attribute, which is now defined to use CSS instead of the document's
> Content-Style-Type?

Not sure because Content-Style-Type would also relate to <link> and
several places. :)

--
Jens O. Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/

Re: Content-Style-Type

David Dorward-3
On 22 Aug 2014, at 18:19, Jens O. Meiert wrote:

>> Isn't the applicable part of the spec the new definition of the style
>> attribute, which is now defined to use CSS instead of the document's
>> Content-Style-Type?
>
> Not sure because Content-Style-Type would also relate to <link> and
> several places. :)

In HTML 4, the type attribute was mandatory on those elements, so the
default style language would never be applicable there.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/