Content Encoding test seems broken

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Content Encoding test seems broken

Jonathan Watt-3

Hi,

http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/wicdcore.xhtml#core55

The test WICD Core 1.0 #55-#57 seems to be broken in that it sends:

  Content-Type: application/x-gzip

Sometimes you want to have user agents decompress gzipped resources, and
sometimes you don't. Mozilla does support Content-encoding, and it will
decompress and display content, but only if it has a Content-type that it
recognizes. Since application/x-gzip is not a type that Mozilla displays
directly, the test appears to fail. If you fix things up so the test:

  http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/test-encoding-gzip.txt.gz

sends:

  Content-type: text/plain
  Content-encoding: gzip

instead of:

  Content-type: application/x-gzip
  Content-encoding: gzip

then Mozilla can tell that the file is text, and will render fine I think.

Regards,
Jonathan


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Content Encoding test seems broken

Timur Mehrvarz


On 09.11.2007, at 18:09, Jonathan Watt wrote:

> http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/ 
> wicdcore.xhtml#core55
>
> The test WICD Core 1.0 #55-#57 seems to be broken in that it sends:
>
>  Content-Type: application/x-gzip


Hi Jonathan,

I got this fixed. The test works just fine in FF now. I also updated  
the matrix. Thank you!

http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/wicdmatrix.xhtml#core55

Thanks,
Timur


>
>
> Sometimes you want to have user agents decompress gzipped resources,  
> and
> sometimes you don't. Mozilla does support Content-encoding, and it  
> will
> decompress and display content, but only if it has a Content-type  
> that it
> recognizes. Since application/x-gzip is not a type that Mozilla  
> displays
> directly, the test appears to fail. If you fix things up so the test:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2004/CDF/TestSuite/WICD_CDR_WP1/test-encoding-gzip.txt.gz
>
> sends:
>
>  Content-type: text/plain
>  Content-encoding: gzip
>
> instead of:
>
>  Content-type: application/x-gzip
>  Content-encoding: gzip
>
> then Mozilla can tell that the file is text, and will render fine I  
> think.
>
> Regards,
> Jonathan
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Content Encoding test seems broken

Jonathan Watt-3

Timur Mehrvarz wrote:
> On 09.11.2007, at 18:09, Jonathan Watt wrote:
>> The test WICD Core 1.0 #55-#57 seems to be broken
>
> I got this fixed. The test works just fine in FF now. I also updated  
> the matrix.

That's great, thanks Timur.

Jonathan