Conformance Test 10.5.a

windauer
Hej list,

I got a question regarding the conformance test 10.5.a. Executing the form with Chiba and dispatching the xforms:setindex (e.g. index="-1") action results in three(!) xforms-scroll-first messages (because of three repeat items) but the tests expects only one(?). This happens because the the xforms-scroll-first event listener is placed within the 'lineset' repeat. If the listener is placed outside the repeat (as shown in the XForms 1.1 recommendation 9.3.3. Handling an Event Dispatched to a repeat Element) everything works as expected (only one xforms-scroll-first message is rendered). My question is now, if action handlers within repeats are repeated too, or not??

best regards

lars

Re: Conformance Test 10.5.a

John Boyer

Hi Lars,

Yes, actions in repeats are repeated and (if using defaults for event attrs) attached to the anonymous group element at the root of each repeat item.  So, to listen on the repeat, the target ID must be used.
However, if the test is expecting just one event handler to fire, that would be wrong.

I think we may already have another test where the action handler is outside of the repeat, so it would be a good idea to amend the test to say that it expects the three events.  We should also make sure some other test covers listening for repeat events with an action handler outside of the repeat, though that is the easy case that "should just work".  This will likely get discussed on tomorrow's telecon.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM, Lotus Forms
IBM Victoria Software Lab