Concerning iCal in RDF

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Concerning iCal in RDF

Michael Hausenblas

Chris,

Concerning your question regarding iCal in RDF [1][2]: based on the VoCamp
we had in end of 2008 in Galway there were some follow-up discussions [3] as
you rightly noticed. That said, I'm not aware of any concrete actions out of
this.

DanC, the original editor proposed to back it up by an Incubator group [4],
and only recently we have seen what is possible with a small dedicated group
that has a concrete goal (cf. vCard W3C Member Submission "Representing
vCard Objects in RDF" [5]).

I've CCed some IMO relevant people here, hoping to gather some answers. In
case it is desired, I volunteer to drive an update (essentially in the same
style as with vCards submission).

Richard, Renato, Harry, DanC, DanBri - what is your opinion on this?

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://twitter.com/cardcc/status/9149850904
[2] http://twitter.com/cardcc/status/9148914765
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2008Dec/0000.html
[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2008Dec/0013.html
[5] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2010/SUBM-vcard-rdf-20100120/

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Chris Rusbridge
Michael, thanks for this. As may be clear, I'm interested in how we can use RDF, Linked Data etc but not any kind of expert. I'm just looking for guidance on what sorts of vocabularies we should use in our new (Drupal-based) web site. It has been very confusing to me that there is no such clear guidance; there seems to be a sort of inspired adhoc approach, which works perhaps if you know what you're doing, but not otherwise.

In this case, I'm looking for an ontology to encode events, ie workshops, conferences, training sessions, meetings. At the coarsest level, iCalendar is enough.

--
Chris Rusbridge
Director, Digital Curation Centre
Email: [hidden email]    Phone 0131 6513823
University of Edinburgh
Appleton Tower, Crichton St, Edinburgh EH8 9LE

The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.



On 16 Feb 2010, at 11:23, Michael Hausenblas wrote:

>
> Chris,
>
> Concerning your question regarding iCal in RDF [1][2]: based on the VoCamp
> we had in end of 2008 in Galway there were some follow-up discussions [3] as
> you rightly noticed. That said, I'm not aware of any concrete actions out of
> this.
>
> DanC, the original editor proposed to back it up by an Incubator group [4],
> and only recently we have seen what is possible with a small dedicated group
> that has a concrete goal (cf. vCard W3C Member Submission "Representing
> vCard Objects in RDF" [5]).
>
> I've CCed some IMO relevant people here, hoping to gather some answers. In
> case it is desired, I volunteer to drive an update (essentially in the same
> style as with vCards submission).
>
> Richard, Renato, Harry, DanC, DanBri - what is your opinion on this?
>
> Cheers,
>      Michael
>
> [1] http://twitter.com/cardcc/status/9149850904
> [2] http://twitter.com/cardcc/status/9148914765
> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2008Dec/0000.html
> [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2008Dec/0013.html
> [5] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2010/SUBM-vcard-rdf-20100120/
>
> --
> Dr. Michael Hausenblas
> LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
> DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
> NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
> Ireland, Europe
> Tel. +353 91 495730
> http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
> http://sw-app.org/about.html
>
>
>
>



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Dan Connolly
In reply to this post by Michael Hausenblas
On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 11:23 +0000, Michael Hausenblas wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Concerning your question regarding iCal in RDF [1][2]: based on the VoCamp
> we had in end of 2008 in Galway there were some follow-up discussions [3] as
> you rightly noticed. That said, I'm not aware of any concrete actions out of
> this.
>
> DanC, the original editor proposed to back it up by an Incubator group [4],
> and only recently we have seen what is possible with a small dedicated group
> that has a concrete goal (cf. vCard W3C Member Submission "Representing
> vCard Objects in RDF" [5]).
>
> I've CCed some IMO relevant people here, hoping to gather some answers. In
> case it is desired, I volunteer to drive an update (essentially in the same
> style as with vCards submission).
>
> Richard, Renato, Harry, DanC, DanBri - what is your opinion on this?

My opinion on your volunteering is that it's great!

About events in drupal... my first instinct was to suggest
hCalendar+GRDDL assuming that (a) the drupal folks had good
hCalendar support, and (b) the linked-data/RDF experts could
handle the other details with GRDDL.

But did some searching to confirm (a) and was surprised to find
only scraps... 2007 forum postings and such.

And I'm not sure to what extent linked data consumers support GRDDL...
though I think many of them support hCalendar directly.

I hear there's recent work on RDFa in drupal, but I don't know much
about it. Maybe that would be the way to go.

About the style of the vCard submission, it looks pretty good, but
I'd be happier if it had a test suite showing conversions to/from
vCard syntax.

There *is* a test suite for iCal/rdf-calendar:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/report1173.html#testdr

And I developed a converter for hCalendar->rdf-calendar;
I can't remember how far I got in checking it against
the hCalendar test suite. See section
15.1. hCalendar and microformats for some details.
http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/report1173.html#L1879

The conjecture to check would be:
  fromIcal(x2v(foo.html)) rdf-graph-equivalent glean-hcal(foo.html)

for each foo.html in the hCalendar test suite.


--
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Renato Iannella
In reply to this post by Michael Hausenblas

I think the best option is the small-dedicated group producing a W3C Submission.
It then gives it visibility and (some) credibility.

It would make a great companion to vCard RDF - and something the SWXG can use as an outcome....

Let me know how I can help ;-)

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Graham Klyne-4
In reply to this post by Chris Rusbridge
Chris,

You might want to contact the JISC IUGO project folks at Bristol (Nikki Rogers
(bcc'ed), et al), some of the same people also did the CREW project in
collaboration with Manchester - I'm sure they must have worked through many of
these issues.

Also, I'd be happy to assemble a list of candidates you find effective via the
ADMIRAL project or JISC Developer Focus - it sounds like the sort of thing we
should be assembling guidance for, especially within "our" UK HE/FE community.

#g
--

Chris Rusbridge wrote:

> Michael, thanks for this. As may be clear, I'm interested in how we can use RDF, Linked Data etc but not any kind of expert. I'm just looking for guidance on what sorts of vocabularies we should use in our new (Drupal-based) web site. It has been very confusing to me that there is no such clear guidance; there seems to be a sort of inspired adhoc approach, which works perhaps if you know what you're doing, but not otherwise.
>
> In this case, I'm looking for an ontology to encode events, ie workshops, conferences, training sessions, meetings. At the coarsest level, iCalendar is enough.
>
> --
> Chris Rusbridge
> Director, Digital Curation Centre
> Email: [hidden email]    Phone 0131 6513823
> University of Edinburgh
> Appleton Tower, Crichton St, Edinburgh EH8 9LE
>
> The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC005336.
>
>
>
> On 16 Feb 2010, at 11:23, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>
>> Chris,
>>
>> Concerning your question regarding iCal in RDF [1][2]: based on the VoCamp
>> we had in end of 2008 in Galway there were some follow-up discussions [3] as
>> you rightly noticed. That said, I'm not aware of any concrete actions out of
>> this.
>>
>> DanC, the original editor proposed to back it up by an Incubator group [4],
>> and only recently we have seen what is possible with a small dedicated group
>> that has a concrete goal (cf. vCard W3C Member Submission "Representing
>> vCard Objects in RDF" [5]).
>>
>> I've CCed some IMO relevant people here, hoping to gather some answers. In
>> case it is desired, I volunteer to drive an update (essentially in the same
>> style as with vCards submission).
>>
>> Richard, Renato, Harry, DanC, DanBri - what is your opinion on this?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>      Michael
>>
>> [1] http://twitter.com/cardcc/status/9149850904
>> [2] http://twitter.com/cardcc/status/9148914765
>> [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2008Dec/0000.html
>> [4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2008Dec/0013.html
>> [5] http://www.w3.org/Submission/2010/SUBM-vcard-rdf-20100120/
>>
>> --
>> Dr. Michael Hausenblas
>> LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
>> DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
>> NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
>> Ireland, Europe
>> Tel. +353 91 495730
>> http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
>> http://sw-app.org/about.html
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Michael Hausenblas
In reply to this post by Renato Iannella
Renato,

> I think the best option is the small-dedicated group producing a W3C
> Submission. It then gives it visibility and (some) credibility.

Agree.

> It would make a great companion to vCard RDF - and something the SWXG can use
> as an outcome....
>
> Let me know how I can help ;-)

Great, thanks a million! I guess we can do it in the same way as you did
with vCard. I expect only minor editorial things (mainly: defining the
namespace URI) while keeping essentially DanC's original W3C Note [1] and
maybe adding the TC, as suggested.

How shall we proceed? Initial skype call, see who is up to it? Would you
lead this?

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfcal/

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



> From: Renato Iannella <[hidden email]>
> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 11:08:15 +1000
> To: Michael Hausenblas <[hidden email]>
> Cc: <[hidden email]>, <[hidden email]>, Richard Cyganiak
> <[hidden email]>, Harry Halpin <[hidden email]>, Dan Connolly
> <[hidden email]>, Dan Brickley <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Concerning iCal in RDF
>
>
> I think the best option is the small-dedicated group producing a W3C
> Submission.
> It then gives it visibility and (some) credibility.
>
> It would make a great companion to vCard RDF - and something the SWXG can use
> as an outcome....
>
> Let me know how I can help ;-)
>
> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
> NICTA
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Renato Iannella
On 17 Feb 2010, at 23:30, Michael Hausenblas wrote:

> Great, thanks a million! I guess we can do it in the same way as you did
> with vCard. I expect only minor editorial things (mainly: defining the
> namespace URI) while keeping essentially DanC's original W3C Note [1] and
> maybe adding the TC, as suggested.

I think that [1] is more of a discussion document - so I think a new document is needed that, like vCard RDF, simply states "here is how you do it".... IETF iCal into RDF/OWL.

> How shall we proceed? Initial skype call, see who is up to it? Would you lead this?

Happy to "help" out not lead ;-)

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Peter Mika-2
Hi All,

I would be also happy to see iCal being cleared up as well, especially
the basic things like the namespace issue (2002/12/cal/ical# vs
2002/12/cal/icaltzd#). Currently it is also fairly non-ontological for
my taste, e.g. using literals for days of week. I understand that as
usual there is a trade-off between following the original spec vs.
ontologizing. (Another example: locations as literals versus resources.)

Martin Hepp might be interested to get involved, because he worked on
opening hours in GoodRelations. Tom Heath and myself also worked on an
'availability vocabulary', see [1], which could also be used for
inspiration.

Personally, I don't have much time to get involved... but I'm happy to
comment on any drafts that might come out.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://tomheath.com/tmp/availability.ttl

Renato Iannella wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2010, at 23:30, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>
>  
>> Great, thanks a million! I guess we can do it in the same way as you did
>> with vCard. I expect only minor editorial things (mainly: defining the
>> namespace URI) while keeping essentially DanC's original W3C Note [1] and
>> maybe adding the TC, as suggested.
>>    
>
> I think that [1] is more of a discussion document - so I think a new document is needed that, like vCard RDF, simply states "here is how you do it".... IETF iCal into RDF/OWL.
>
>  
>> How shall we proceed? Initial skype call, see who is up to it? Would you lead this?
>>    
>
> Happy to "help" out not lead ;-)
>
> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
> NICTA
>
>
>  


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: Concerning iCal in RDF

Tim Hare-2
I've read rdf-calendar more or less peripherally to my interest in the
Calsify mailing list and other iCalendar related mailing lists.  Your
posting of 2002 dates makes me think that you might not have up-to-date
specifications (If I am wrong, I apologize).  The IETF has approved RFC 5545
(http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5545.txt) and RFC5546 as replacements for
the original 2445 and 2446 respectively.   In addition, the Calendaring &
Scheduling Consortium (http://www.calconnect.org) has an XML working group
which may be of interest. I myself contributed (available as a downloadable
resource somewhere on the calconnect site) a XSL transform from iCalendar to
XML and one from XML to iCalendar although I admit my XML skills are not
world class, I'm definitely not RDF-literate, and some of the code is due to
studying the XSL work of Masahide Kanzaki and Dan Connolly.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Peter Mika
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:13 AM
To: Renato Iannella
Cc: Michael Hausenblas; [hidden email]; [hidden email]; Richard
Cyganiak; Harry Halpin; Dan Connolly; Dan Brickley;
[hidden email]; Tom Heath
Subject: Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Hi All,

I would be also happy to see iCal being cleared up as well, especially
the basic things like the namespace issue (2002/12/cal/ical# vs
2002/12/cal/icaltzd#). Currently it is also fairly non-ontological for
my taste, e.g. using literals for days of week. I understand that as
usual there is a trade-off between following the original spec vs.
ontologizing. (Another example: locations as literals versus resources.)

Martin Hepp might be interested to get involved, because he worked on
opening hours in GoodRelations. Tom Heath and myself also worked on an
'availability vocabulary', see [1], which could also be used for
inspiration.

Personally, I don't have much time to get involved... but I'm happy to
comment on any drafts that might come out.

Cheers,
Peter

[1] http://tomheath.com/tmp/availability.ttl

Renato Iannella wrote:

> On 17 Feb 2010, at 23:30, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>
>  
>> Great, thanks a million! I guess we can do it in the same way as you did
>> with vCard. I expect only minor editorial things (mainly: defining the
>> namespace URI) while keeping essentially DanC's original W3C Note [1] and
>> maybe adding the TC, as suggested.
>>    
>
> I think that [1] is more of a discussion document - so I think a new
document is needed that, like vCard RDF, simply states "here is how you do
it".... IETF iCal into RDF/OWL.
>
>  
>> How shall we proceed? Initial skype call, see who is up to it? Would you
lead this?
>>    
>
> Happy to "help" out not lead ;-)
>
> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
> NICTA
>
>
>  




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Harry Halpin-2
In reply to this post by Peter Mika-2
> Hi All,
>
> I would be also happy to see iCal being cleared up as well, especially
> the basic things like the namespace issue (2002/12/cal/ical# vs
> 2002/12/cal/icaltzd#). Currently it is also fairly non-ontological for
> my taste, e.g. using literals for days of week. I understand that as
> usual there is a trade-off between following the original spec vs.
> ontologizing. (Another example: locations as literals versus resources.)
>
> Martin Hepp might be interested to get involved, because he worked on
> opening hours in GoodRelations. Tom Heath and myself also worked on an
> 'availability vocabulary', see [1], which could also be used for
> inspiration.
>
> Personally, I don't have much time to get involved... but I'm happy to
> comment on any drafts that might come out.

Yes, RDFCalendar definitely needs to be polished up at this stage in a
similar manner to the recent polishing of vCard in RDF, but...it's a
harder domain (I'm sure DanC has something to say). However, what we could
do also
is put it into scope for a proposed W3C WG that the Social Web XG is
thinking of recommending and drafting the charter for. Or we could just
issue another SWIG note and update.

   cheers,
      harry



>
> Cheers,
> Peter
>
> [1] http://tomheath.com/tmp/availability.ttl
>
> Renato Iannella wrote:
>> On 17 Feb 2010, at 23:30, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Great, thanks a million! I guess we can do it in the same way as you
>>> did
>>> with vCard. I expect only minor editorial things (mainly: defining the
>>> namespace URI) while keeping essentially DanC's original W3C Note [1]
>>> and
>>> maybe adding the TC, as suggested.
>>>
>>
>> I think that [1] is more of a discussion document - so I think a new
>> document is needed that, like vCard RDF, simply states "here is how you
>> do it".... IETF iCal into RDF/OWL.
>>
>>
>>> How shall we proceed? Initial skype call, see who is up to it? Would
>>> you lead this?
>>>
>>
>> Happy to "help" out not lead ;-)
>>
>> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
>> NICTA
>>
>>
>>
>
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Michael Hausenblas
In reply to this post by Peter Mika-2

Peter,

> Martin Hepp might be interested to get involved, because he worked on
> opening hours in GoodRelations. Tom Heath and myself also worked on an
> 'availability vocabulary', see [1], which could also be used for
> inspiration.

Good idea to include Martin and Tom, thanks!
 
> Personally, I don't have much time to get involved... but I'm happy to
> comment on any drafts that might come out.

Fair enough, given your commitments ;) Thanks for your support!


Cheers,
      Michael

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



> From: Peter Mika <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 11:12:50 +0100
> To: Renato Iannella <[hidden email]>
> Cc: Michael Hausenblas <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]"
> <[hidden email]>, "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>,
> Richard Cyganiak <[hidden email]>, Harry Halpin <[hidden email]>,
> Dan Connolly <[hidden email]>, Dan Brickley <[hidden email]>,
> "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, Tom Heath
> <[hidden email]>
> Subject: Re: Concerning iCal in RDF
>
> Hi All,
>
> I would be also happy to see iCal being cleared up as well, especially
> the basic things like the namespace issue (2002/12/cal/ical# vs
> 2002/12/cal/icaltzd#). Currently it is also fairly non-ontological for
> my taste, e.g. using literals for days of week. I understand that as
> usual there is a trade-off between following the original spec vs.
> ontologizing. (Another example: locations as literals versus resources.)
>
> Martin Hepp might be interested to get involved, because he worked on
> opening hours in GoodRelations. Tom Heath and myself also worked on an
> 'availability vocabulary', see [1], which could also be used for
> inspiration.
>
> Personally, I don't have much time to get involved... but I'm happy to
> comment on any drafts that might come out.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter
>
> [1] http://tomheath.com/tmp/availability.ttl
>
> Renato Iannella wrote:
>> On 17 Feb 2010, at 23:30, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>>
>>  
>>> Great, thanks a million! I guess we can do it in the same way as you did
>>> with vCard. I expect only minor editorial things (mainly: defining the
>>> namespace URI) while keeping essentially DanC's original W3C Note [1] and
>>> maybe adding the TC, as suggested.
>>>    
>>
>> I think that [1] is more of a discussion document - so I think a new document
>> is needed that, like vCard RDF, simply states "here is how you do it"....
>> IETF iCal into RDF/OWL.
>>
>>  
>>> How shall we proceed? Initial skype call, see who is up to it? Would you
>>> lead this?
>>>    
>>
>> Happy to "help" out not lead ;-)
>>
>> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
>> NICTA
>>
>>
>>  
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Concerning iCal in RDF

Michael Hausenblas
In reply to this post by Tim Hare-2

Tim,

Thanks for the notice. I wasn't aware of it -  shall be part of our work,
then, I guess ;)

Cheers,
      Michael

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
LiDRC - Linked Data Research Centre
DERI - Digital Enterprise Research Institute
NUIG - National University of Ireland, Galway
Ireland, Europe
Tel. +353 91 495730
http://linkeddata.deri.ie/
http://sw-app.org/about.html



> From: Tim Hare <[hidden email]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 22:20:22 -0500
> To: <[hidden email]>
> Subject: RE: Concerning iCal in RDF
> Resent-From: <[hidden email]>
> Resent-Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 03:20:59 +0000
>
> I've read rdf-calendar more or less peripherally to my interest in the
> Calsify mailing list and other iCalendar related mailing lists.  Your
> posting of 2002 dates makes me think that you might not have up-to-date
> specifications (If I am wrong, I apologize).  The IETF has approved RFC 5545
> (http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5545.txt) and RFC5546 as replacements for
> the original 2445 and 2446 respectively.   In addition, the Calendaring &
> Scheduling Consortium (http://www.calconnect.org) has an XML working group
> which may be of interest. I myself contributed (available as a downloadable
> resource somewhere on the calconnect site) a XSL transform from iCalendar to
> XML and one from XML to iCalendar although I admit my XML skills are not
> world class, I'm definitely not RDF-literate, and some of the code is due to
> studying the XSL work of Masahide Kanzaki and Dan Connolly.
>
> Tim Hare
> Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Peter Mika
> Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 5:13 AM
> To: Renato Iannella
> Cc: Michael Hausenblas; [hidden email]; [hidden email]; Richard
> Cyganiak; Harry Halpin; Dan Connolly; Dan Brickley;
> [hidden email]; Tom Heath
> Subject: Re: Concerning iCal in RDF
>
> Hi All,
>
> I would be also happy to see iCal being cleared up as well, especially
> the basic things like the namespace issue (2002/12/cal/ical# vs
> 2002/12/cal/icaltzd#). Currently it is also fairly non-ontological for
> my taste, e.g. using literals for days of week. I understand that as
> usual there is a trade-off between following the original spec vs.
> ontologizing. (Another example: locations as literals versus resources.)
>
> Martin Hepp might be interested to get involved, because he worked on
> opening hours in GoodRelations. Tom Heath and myself also worked on an
> 'availability vocabulary', see [1], which could also be used for
> inspiration.
>
> Personally, I don't have much time to get involved... but I'm happy to
> comment on any drafts that might come out.
>
> Cheers,
> Peter
>
> [1] http://tomheath.com/tmp/availability.ttl
>
> Renato Iannella wrote:
>> On 17 Feb 2010, at 23:30, Michael Hausenblas wrote:
>>
>>  
>>> Great, thanks a million! I guess we can do it in the same way as you did
>>> with vCard. I expect only minor editorial things (mainly: defining the
>>> namespace URI) while keeping essentially DanC's original W3C Note [1] and
>>> maybe adding the TC, as suggested.
>>>    
>>
>> I think that [1] is more of a discussion document - so I think a new
> document is needed that, like vCard RDF, simply states "here is how you do
> it".... IETF iCal into RDF/OWL.
>>
>>  
>>> How shall we proceed? Initial skype call, see who is up to it? Would you
> lead this?
>>>    
>>
>> Happy to "help" out not lead ;-)
>>
>> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
>> NICTA
>>
>>
>>  
>
>
>
>