Color(s( transformation and making pixels of given color(s) transparent

Color(s( transformation and making pixels of given color(s) transparent

Daniel Alexandre-3
This message is also being sent to [hidden email] that make products like:
'Actual transparent windows' for Windows.

Would like to suggest new feature.
You could set all pixels of a colour to be displayed in another colour..
Also instead of choosing another colour you could choose for them to become transparent.
You would have that in a raw text file with extension .txt: each line saying which colour-pixels

would go into other colour(or become tranparent).

Like this

#FF0000,#FF0011,#FF0022 : #00FF00;
#FF0011..#FF0099 : #02FF02;
#FF33FF : #transparent

and so on...

each line would have a set of colour(s) followed by a colon and the transformation colour.
The ".." would mean all contiguous colours between the two.

It would be extremly useful and powerful.

#black&gray : #FF0000;
#greens : #00f200;
#white : #transparent;

simple?
It would be nice browsers had a place to upload such a file in the settings.
The values are nonsense, is just to give an idea.

Re: Color(s( transformation and making pixels of given color(s) transparent

Tei-2
On 25 August 2012 00:10, Daniel Alexandre <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This message is also being sent to [hidden email] that make products
> like:
> 'Actual transparent windows' for Windows.
>
> Would like to suggest new feature.
> You could set all pixels of a colour to be displayed in another colour..
> Also instead of choosing another colour you could choose for them to become
> transparent.
> You would have that in a raw text file with extension .txt: each line saying
> which colour-pixels
>
> would go into other colour(or become tranparent).
>
> Like this
>
> #FF0000,#FF0011,#FF0022 : #00FF00;
> #FF0011..#FF0099 : #02FF02;
> #FF33FF : #transparent

Recoloring something seems the task of a "filter".

I don't know if is already doable withouth new beaviors,  surelly
seems CSS3 point to this direction and maybe future browsers will
allow it with a creative use of feColorMatrixElement
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/FXTF/raw-file/tip/filters/index.html#feColorMatrixElement
http://html5-demos.appspot.com/static/css/filters/index.html

ℱin del ℳensaje.