Charset mismatch

Mark Phillips-4
Charset mismatch Set up:
 - Apache2 running on Windows XP, with mod_dav installed
 - Custom dav client

The client polls the server with HEAD for each element of this URL:
    //dav_dir/business_unit/eastern/clients/Étude Studios

The encoding sends “Étude” as “%C9tude”. This is valid in Latin 1 through 9 (ISO-8859-1..9).

Apache responds with a 403. I expected 20x or 404.

Using a Windows dav client, which succeeds, the wireshark reports the encoding as “%C3%89”. I believe this is UTF-8.

In second test, we added Tomcat to the mix and the custom dav client worked just fine.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

What are good approaches to resolving this mismatch?

TIA,

 - Mark

Re: Charset mismatch

Mark Phillips-4
On 10/30/09 8:03 AM, "Julian Reschke" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Short answer: in practice, every body uses UTF-8. So fix the client. :-)

Thanks! Will do.

> PS: this doesn't appear to be a DASL question. The generic WebDAV
> mailing list ([hidden email]) might be a better place to ask.

Sorry about that; I will use that list next time.