Changed page at W3C

Kirill Topolyan
A few days ago I decided to translate the page "About the translations / hints for translators" into Russian and Ukrainian. Pages with old translation did not exist.
I informed about it and then send the completed translation into Russian.

I received an email from Ishida that this page is subject to change, but I thought that these changes are minor and I can also add them later.
> cc+ Kiril, since he may want to wait or change his mind about translating that page

But now I see that changed not only the text of the page, but also the entire structure.

Now there is an old translation: https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating.ru.html

The important thing is that I have read it in the Web archive, and I noticed that this translation is quite poor quality, the author translated it as much as possible automatically and did not understand what he says.

I have tried to provide a much better quality.

I think that my translation is better, besides there is a newer version (and I can change to the current): http://topolyan.com/w3c/Style/translating-ru.html

So what are we going to do?

Re: Changed page at W3C

r12a
On 31/05/2016 10:14, Kirill Topolyan wrote:

> A few days ago I decided to translate the page "About the translations / hints for translators" into Russian and Ukrainian. Pages with old translation did not exist.
> I informed about it and then send the completed translation into Russian.
>
> I received an email from Ishida that this page is subject to change, but I thought that these changes are minor and I can also add them later.
>> cc+ Kiril, since he may want to wait or change his mind about translating that page
>
> But now I see that changed not only the text of the page, but also the entire structure.
>
> Now there is an old translation: https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating.ru.html
>
> The important thing is that I have read it in the Web archive, and I noticed that this translation is quite poor quality, the author translated it as much as possible automatically and did not understand what he says.
>
> I have tried to provide a much better quality.
>
> I think that my translation is better, besides there is a newer version (and I can change to the current): http://topolyan.com/w3c/Style/translating-ru.html
>
> So what are we going to do?

Kiril, this is a question for Bert Bos, i think. I'm adding him to the
cc list, since i don't think he's on the w3c-translators list.  I'll
just note, in the meantime, that my understanding is that he is still
intending to make a number of changes to the text at
https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating.  I'll let him respond.

hope that helps,
ri

Re: Changed page at W3C

Bert Bos
Hello Kirill, hello Richard,

On Tuesday 31 May 2016 10:39:44 [hidden email] wrote:
> On 31/05/2016 10:14, Kirill Topolyan wrote:
[...]
> > So what are we going to do?
>
> Kiril, this is a question for Bert Bos, i think. I'm adding him to the
> cc list, since i don't think he's on the w3c-translators list.  I'll
> just note, in the meantime, that my understanding is that he is still
> intending to make a number of changes to the text at
> https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating.  I'll let him respond.

After your e-mails, I took a look at the page you wanted to translate.
It uses an old style/structure and it turned out there was only one
other page left in that style. I converted that one page to the new
style and removed the page you wanted to translate, which is now no
longer needed.

The page that replaces it[1] (and which you already found) is better,
but I think some of Richard's comments also apply there, so I'll need to
look at that, too. I'll try to do that today.

[1] https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating

Thanks a lot for your effort, Kirill! I know many of the Russian and
Ukrainian translations of the CSS pages are out of date. Your comments
and your help is greatly appreciated.

Bert
--
  Bert Bos                                ( W 3 C ) http://www.w3.org/
  http://www.w3.org/people/bos                               W3C/ERCIM

Re: Changed page at W3C

Bert Bos
On Tuesday 31 May 2016 14:11:24 Bert Bos wrote:

> The page that replaces it[1] (and which you already found) is better,
> but I think some of Richard's comments also apply there, so I'll need
> to look at that, too. I'll try to do that today.
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/Style/CSS/translating

That page is now up to date and ready to be translated.

Bert