Can we please update Respec to support the new TR style for ED drafts?

Can we please update Respec to support the new TR style for ED drafts?

r12a
we have until the end of November to submit change requests and bugs for
the new TR styling, but i think many people will only spot bugs and
preferred changes once they start using the new style.

having respec produce the new style for ED would be extremely helpful,
and would expose the new style to many more people, but we'll need to
hurry if people are to have a chance to use and send feedback by end Nov.

could someone on this list (like Marcus, maybe?) implement the necessary
changes?

thanks,
ri

Shane McCarron

Re: Can we please update Respec to support the new TR style for ED drafts?

fantasai
On 11/12/2015 06:45 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:
> I have some cycles today.  Let me open an issue and then poke at it.

Documentation is in the sample.html file
   http://fantasai.inkedblade.net/style/design/w3c-restyle/2016/sample
   https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/blob/gh-pages/src/sample.html
and also inline in the style sheet itself
   https://github.com/w3c/tr-design/blob/gh-pages/src/base.css

(Sorry for the late notice; I think I pushed these updates nearly
a week ago...)

I'll work up fixing the issues reported here next week.

~fantasai

Re: Can we please update Respec to support the new TR style for ED drafts?

Shane McCarron
Thanks!  Note that I have been doing some tuning on this, including adding a bunch more examples into my sample document to cover things that ReSpec alters and that you have new styling for.  In cases of things ReSpec does not touch, I have not bothered (like tables).  I did spot some of the inline documentation and started using that to alter ReSpec as needed.

Looking at your examples, section 2.1.5 doesn't seem to have an example - it just indicates what one might be.

For everyone else, please feel free to look at the example using ReSpec on my server at http://pandora.aptest.com/w3c/example.html

Note that this uses a local version of ReSpec that is tied to the pull request I have developed for supporting the use of the new styles.  That PR is NOT YET INTEGRATED into ReSpec.  We will make an announcement when it is.

Shane McCarron

On 11/13/2015 11:31 AM, Shane McCarron wrote:
> Thanks!  Note that I have been doing some tuning on this, including adding a bunch more examples into my sample document to
> cover things that ReSpec alters and that you have new styling for.  In cases of things ReSpec does not touch, I have not
> bothered (like tables).  I did spot some of the inline documentation and started using that to alter ReSpec as needed.

Looks good overall. You should probably use the .marker class to hook into the
example title styling. That way if we adjust the colors etc., ReSpec stays in
sync. (You can use 'text-transform: none' on the title text itself to avoid
all-caps.)

I agree a warning is a type of advisement, so maybe output
  class="warning advisement"
on the warnings?

The WebIDL block shouldn't have its own borders/backgrounds etc, just re-use
the .def styling. The style for colored blocks here is only side borders, so
this (and the warning) are inconsistent currently.

> Looking at your examples, section 2.1.5 doesn't seem to have an example - it just indicates what one might be.

Mostly because they look like this:
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-backgrounds-4/
and that would be annoying. :)

~fantasai