Can I use Amaya in my Research Work

Mirza Muhammad Waqar
Hello sir,

Hope you will find this mail in best of your health.

Sir I am a student of Ph.D CS. Currently I am working on a project named "A Web Co-Authring Platform for Special Needs", Special Needs mean for special people. For this I need permission that Can I use Amaya Platform as base of this project and make some necessary changes to update it for use of blinds and deaf.

If there is any copywriter issue then kindly let me know. Waiting for your kind response.

Regards,
Mirza M Waqar
Ph.D CS Student,
University of Engineering and Technology,
Lahore, Pakistan.

Re: Can I use Amaya in my Research Work

Laurent Carcone
Hello,

You can use Amaya for your project, as noted in the home page [1] it is covered by the W3C Software Notice and License [2].
You can get the Amaya sources from github [3].

Note that the Amaya project is no longer developed at W3C.

Regards,
Laurent Carcone

[1] http://www.w3.org/Amaya/
[2] http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/2002/copyright-software-20021231