CSS3 Validation Service

Suriya
 Dear CSS Validator Team,

 Firstly, I wanted to thank you for creating such a fantastic service
and for your continued dedication to standards on the web!

 I have been trying to check the conformity of some CSS3 stylesheets
 and I believe the W3C CSS validator must be a little out of date since
 using valid mark-up for the CSS3 animation property returns "Property
 animation doesn't exist" even though it is implemented in Firefox 5+,
Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-, -webkit-, -webkit- and -o-
 prefixed respectively.

 Similarly, using valid markup for the @keyframes property returns
 "Sorry, the at-rule @keyframes is not implemented." even though it is
 implemented in Firefox 4+, Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-,
-webkit-, -webkit- and -o- prefixed respectively.

--
With Regards,
N.Suriya,
Website: http://vegamsoft.com/
Mobile: 91-9626720201.

Re: CSS3 Validation Service

David Dorward-3

On 11 May 2016, at 5:43, Suriya N wrote:

I have been trying to check the conformity of some CSS3 stylesheets
and I believe the W3C CSS validator must be a little out of date since
using valid mark-up for the CSS3 animation property returns "Property
animation doesn't exist" even though it is implemented in Firefox 5+,
Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-, -webkit-, -webkit- and -o-
prefixed respectively.

Similarly, using valid markup for the @keyframes property returns
"Sorry, the at-rule @keyframes is not implemented." even though it is
implemented in Firefox 4+, Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-,
-webkit-, -webkit- and -o- prefixed respectively.

Given valid CSS using animation and @keyframes, my test case is marked a valid by the CSS validation service.

It sounds like you expect experimental, prefixed, vendor specific implementations to be valid CSS. They are not.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/

Re: CSS3 Validation Service

Yves Lafon

> On 11 May 2016, at 10:35, David Dorward <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 11 May 2016, at 5:43, Suriya N wrote:
>
> I have been trying to check the conformity of some CSS3 stylesheets
> and I believe the W3C CSS validator must be a little out of date since
> using valid mark-up for the CSS3 animation property returns "Property
> animation doesn't exist" even though it is implemented in Firefox 5+,
> Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-, -webkit-, -webkit- and -o-
> prefixed respectively.
>
> Similarly, using valid markup for the @keyframes property returns
> "Sorry, the at-rule @keyframes is not implemented." even though it is
> implemented in Firefox 4+, Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-,
> -webkit-, -webkit- and -o- prefixed respectively.
>
> Given valid CSS using animation and @keyframes, my test case is marked a valid by the CSS validation service.
>
> It sounds like you expect experimental, prefixed, vendor specific implementations to be valid CSS. They are not.
Or that a non-official CSS validator was used.
For the record, the only official one is at https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
HTH,

        ~~Yves

Re: CSS3 Validation Service

Suriya
Hello Sir,

How can i use webkit in w3c css validator without error.

On 11 May 2016 at 15:29, Yves Lafon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 11 May 2016, at 10:35, David Dorward <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 11 May 2016, at 5:43, Suriya N wrote:
>
> I have been trying to check the conformity of some CSS3 stylesheets
> and I believe the W3C CSS validator must be a little out of date since
> using valid mark-up for the CSS3 animation property returns "Property
> animation doesn't exist" even though it is implemented in Firefox 5+,
> Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-, -webkit-, -webkit- and -o-
> prefixed respectively.
>
> Similarly, using valid markup for the @keyframes property returns
> "Sorry, the at-rule @keyframes is not implemented." even though it is
> implemented in Firefox 4+, Chrome, Safari and Opera with -moz-,
> -webkit-, -webkit- and -o- prefixed respectively.
>
> Given valid CSS using animation and @keyframes, my test case is marked a valid by the CSS validation service.
>
> It sounds like you expect experimental, prefixed, vendor specific implementations to be valid CSS. They are not.

Or that a non-official CSS validator was used.
For the record, the only official one is at https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
HTH,

        ~~Yves

--
With Regards,
N.Suriya,
Senior Web Developer,
Vegam Soft Solutions,
Mail: suirya[hidden email]
Website: http://vegamsoft.com/
Mobile: 91-9626720201.

Re: CSS3 Validation Service

David Dorward-3
On 11 May 2016, at 12:11, Suriya N wrote:

> How can i use webkit in w3c css validator without error.

You cannot make the validator claim that invalid, experimental, vendor-prefixed properties are valid. If you want valid CSS, don't use experimental versions of features, just use the standardised ones.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/

Re: CSS3 Validation Service

Suriya
Please send the standardised ones link.

On 11 May 2016 at 17:51, David Dorward <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 11 May 2016, at 12:11, Suriya N wrote:

> How can i use webkit in w3c css validator without error.

You cannot make the validator claim that invalid, experimental, vendor-prefixed properties are valid. If you want valid CSS, don't use experimental versions of features, just use the standardised ones.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.co.uk/

--
With Regards,
N.Suriya,
Senior Web Developer,
Vegam Soft Solutions,
Mail: suirya[hidden email]
Website: http://vegamsoft.com/
Mobile: 91-9626720201..

Re: CSS3 Validation Service

Jens Oliver Meiert
Did you test with the default or Warnings setting for Vendor
Extensions, in https://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate_by_uri+with_options?
That should give you what you need, no?

--
Jens Oliver Meiert