CSS Validator Parse Error

George J-B
Hi there,

I've been using the W3 CSS Validator and for some reason it won't validate my CSS due to a parse error.
The exact message is "Parse Error  height466px.
The validator states that a curly brace { is causing the parse error however I have removed the entire rule and re-written it multiple times and the validator throws up the same error for the same line of my CSS every time, I can only assume it is detected some sort of invisible character or illegal UTF-8 character however I have no idea where this character could be coming from.

Kind Regards,
George.

Re: CSS Validator Parse Error

Jukka K. Korpela
11.1.2016, 0:58, George J-B wrote:

> I've been using the W3 CSS Validator and for some reason it won't
> validate my CSS due to a parse error.
> The exact message is "Parse Error  height466px.

I think you should include the exact CSS code that triggers the message.

> The validator states that a curly brace { is causing the parse error
> however I have removed the entire rule and re-written it multiple times
> and the validator throws up the same error for the same line of my CSS
> every time

What entire rule? In which context?

 > I can only assume it is detected some sort of invisible
> character or illegal UTF-8 character

That’s possible (though there are no “illegal UTF-8 characters”, just
byte sequences that do not represent any character in UTF-8 encoding).

This is why an *exact* copy of (hopefully minimized) CSS code is needed
for the analysis.

Yucca