CR080: Canonical component designators?

Jonathan Marsh-2

Thanks for your comment.  The WS Description Working Group tracked this issue as a CR080 [1].

The Working Group accepted a proposal for canonicalized XPointers.  The change is reflected in the latest editor’s draft [2].

Unless you let us know otherwise by the end of October, we will assume you agree with the resolution of this issue.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/5/cr-issues/issues.html#CR080

[2] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/ws/desc/wsdl20/wsdl20.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#frag-ids

From issue CR079:

  One more thing - are these URIs supposed to be fully canonical?  If so,

  we might want to constrain the order of the xmlns() parts - e.g. they

  appear in the order in which the prefixes are used in the WSDL pointer

  part, and ensure no unused xmlns() declarations may appear.

Arthur also noted that we don't constrain prefixes either.  What other

aspects might we want to constrain?  Whitespace between pointer parts?

Jonathan Marsh - http://www.wso2.com - http://auburnmarshes.spaces.live.com