CQL searching for IP ranges

Mike Taylor-10

We have a CQL application that needs to search records by IP range:
for example, if we have a record with an ip-ranges field:
        213.150.43.10-213.150.43.20
then we need to be able to search for:
        net.ipRanges encloses/net.ipAddress 213.150.43.11
and have the server understand from that query that we're looking for
the term to be interpreted as a dotted address, with ordering defined
appropriately.

We therefore ask for the following elements to be added to the Network
Context Set as defined at:
        http://srw.cheshire3.org/contextSets/net/

        index: ipRanges
        relation modifier: ipAddress

(We can't just use the existing net.host index, since this querty
explicitly needs an IP address, with its ordering rules, rather than a
symbolic name.)

/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <[hidden email]>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "I was being tongue-in-cheek, but did feel your little mock
         assault was a tad opportunistic, in a cuddly sort of way" --
         Sebastian Hammer.