COPY method and activity feature

Werner Donné

Hi,

When the activity feature is supported the CHECKOUT method
may have an activity-set body. Shouldn't this also be the
case for the COPY method when the auto-version feature is
also supported? The copy of a collection can cause several
automatic check-outs.

Regards,

Werner.
--
Werner Donné  --  Re
Engelbeekstraat 8
tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: COPY method and activity feature

Geoffrey M Clemm

Some of the rationale for not doing this was:

- We cannot do this everywhere where it would matter, since, for example, the body of PUT (which also can cause automatic check-outs) is not available for extensions.
- A versioning aware client can explicitly CHECKOUT the VCR to achieve this effect (and a versioning-unaware client would not know to set the activity in the body of the COPY).
- A client will commonly just set the workspace current activity, and not be overriding this in individual checkouts anyway (this is what is always done to set things up for a versioning-unaware client).

Cheers,
Geoff