CIMI Profile

ray denenberg

It appears that the CIMI server www.cimi.org/  is no longer available, and I
don't have any contact information.

 There are two CIMI profiles listed at:
http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/profiles/profiles.html

The first is the  "Internationally Registered Profile":
Z39.50 Application Profile for Cultural Heritage Information -- CIMI
Profile; Release 1.0; 1998-03-01 Internationally Registered Profile   at:
http://www.cimi.org/old_site/downloads/ProfileFinalMar98/CIMIProfileFinal.doc

The second is a more recent harmonized version.

I've located and put up a copy of the second, here on the LC server, but I
am unable to locate a copy of the first.  If anyone has a copy I would
appreciate if you could send it to me.

--Ray Denenberg

CIMI Profile

Michael Selway

Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress writes:
 > I've located and put up a copy of the second, here on the LC server, but I
 > am unable to locate a copy of the first.  If anyone has a copy I would
 > appreciate if you could send it to me.

Hi Ray,

I've got what looks like an authentic copy in a variety of
formats.  I've zipped it all up and put it up at
ftp://ftp.ssl.co.uk/projects/zig/cimi-1.0.zip

The PDF, if anyone just wants that is at
ftp://ftp.ssl.co.uk/projects/zig/cimi-1.0/cimiprof.pdf

Enjoy it!

Michael.

CIMI Profile

Mike Taylor-10

Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress writes:
 > It appears that the CIMI server www.cimi.org/ is no longer
 > available [...]

That is very sad.

 > [...] and I don't have any contact information.

The whois record has some information, if you want to find out what's
happened.

        $ whois cimi.org
        [...]
        Registrant Name:The Research Libraries Group
        Registrant Organization:The Research Libraries Group
        Registrant Street1:2029 Stierlin Court
        Registrant Street2:Suite 100
        Registrant Street3:
        Registrant City:Mountain View
        Registrant State/Province:CA
        Registrant Postal Code:94043
        Registrant Country:US
        Registrant Phone:+1.6506912244
        Registrant Phone Ext.:
        Registrant FAX:+1.6509640943
        Registrant FAX Ext.:
        Registrant Email:[hidden email]
        Admin ID:16817514-NSI
        Admin Name:David Richards

 > There are two CIMI profiles listed at:
 > http://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/profiles/profiles.html
 >
 > The first is the  "Internationally Registered Profile":
 > Z39.50 Application Profile for Cultural Heritage Information -- CIMI
 > Profile; Release 1.0; 1998-03-01 Internationally Registered Profile   at:
 > http://www.cimi.org/old_site/downloads/ProfileFinalMar98/CIMIProfileFinal.doc
 >
 > The second is a more recent harmonized version.
 >
 > I've located and put up a copy of the second, here on the LC
 > server, but I am unable to locate a copy of the first.  If anyone
 > has a copy I would appreciate if you could send it to me.

You could just remove the entry for the older version 1.0, since
version 1.0H supersedes it.

 _/|_ ___________________________________________________________________
/o ) \/  Mike Taylor    <[hidden email]>    http://www.miketaylor.org.uk
)_v__/\  "That's your solution?  Put a hot chick on the cover of your
         submission?" / "It's not MY solution, it's HISTORY's solution!" --
         Bob the Angry Flower.

Re: CIMI Profile

ray denenberg

Thanks much, Mike. I've put up the PDF file.  --Ray

> Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress writes:
>  > I've located and put up a copy of the second, here on the LC server,
but I

>  > am unable to locate a copy of the first.  If anyone has a copy I would
>  > appreciate if you could send it to me.
>
> Hi Ray,
>
> I've got what looks like an authentic copy in a variety of
> formats.  I've zipped it all up and put it up at
> ftp://ftp.ssl.co.uk/projects/zig/cimi-1.0.zip
>
> The PDF, if anyone just wants that is at
> ftp://ftp.ssl.co.uk/projects/zig/cimi-1.0/cimiprof.pdf
>
> Enjoy it!
>
> Michael.

Re: CIMI Profile

ray denenberg

From: "Mike Taylor" <[hidden email]>
> You could just remove the entry for the older version 1.0, since
> version 1.0H supersedes it.

No, can't do that. The 1.0 version is the "Internationally Registered
Profile" and we never (as yet) have gone through that process for the newer
version.

Anyway, I've gotten the file from Mike Selway  (your former co-Mike).

--Ray