CHECKOUT method and activity-set

Werner Donné

Hi,

Is it allowed to limit the number of href elements in the activity-set
element to one? I think this follows from the fact that the activity-set
for a version may be limited to one by the server.

If multiple activities were specified in the request body, the request
may conflict for some of them. In that case the check-out fails. Is it
allowed to return a multistatus response, with status 409 for the request
URL and the failed activity URLs and status 200 for the activity URLs
for which there was no conflict?

Regards,

Werner.
--
Werner Donné  --  Re
Engelbeekstraat 8
tel: (+32) 486 425803 e-mail: [hidden email]

Re: CHECKOUT method and activity-set

Geoffrey M Clemm

Werner wrote on 04/13/2006 11:32:12 AM:
> Is it allowed to limit the number of href elements in the activity-set
> element to one? I think this follows from the fact that the activity-set
> for a version may be limited to one by the server.

That is correct.

> If multiple activities were specified in the request body, the request
> may conflict for some of them. In that case the check-out fails. Is it
> allowed to return a multistatus response, with status 409 for the request
> URL and the failed activity URLs and status 200 for the activity URLs
> for which there was no conflict?

There currently is no provision for "partial success" of the CHECKOUT
operation.  So a standard server would be expected to fail the entire
request of any of the activities have a conflict.

Cheers,
Geoff