[CDR] Document Object Model

Anne van Kesteren-2

<http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CDR-20051219/#dom> is specific to child
documents that generate a DOM while specific profiles might talk about
child documents which do not have a DOM. For example, an HTML <object>
element referencing a PNG or Java applet. Please change the section so
that this is no longer the case.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>

Re: [CDR] Document Object Model

Steve K Speicher

"Anne van Kesteren" <[hidden email]> wrote on 01/20/2006 01:31:37 PM:

> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-CDR-20051219/#dom> is specific to child
> documents that generate a DOM while specific profiles might talk about
> child documents which do not have a DOM. For example, an HTML <object>
> element referencing a PNG or Java applet. Please change the section so
> that this is no longer the case.

Anne,
Thanks for you comment.

We plan to change the section (Parent to Child DOM Access) as follows:
from: "If access to the child document is disabled or there is no child
document the attribute must be null. "
to:   "If there is no child document, either because the referenced
resource can not be loaded or it does not contain a DOM, the attribute
must be null. "

Please let use know within two weeks if this does not address your
comment.

Regards,
Steve Speicher

ACTION-385