Building Amaya 9.99 against system libraries

Building Amaya 9.99 against system libraries

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams-2
I'm trying to build Amaya 9.99 purely against system libraries, and I'm
running into a problem whereby libwww is embedded too strongly into
Amaya. Deleting libwww/ and Amaya/amaya/Makefile.libwww clearly aren't
enough, so I'm wondering how I can remove the dependency on the private
copy. Any pointers?

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <[hidden email]>

Re: Building Amaya 9.99 against system libraries

Irene Vatton-2
On Saturday 03 November 2007 12:45, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> I'm trying to build Amaya 9.99 purely against system libraries, and I'm
> running into a problem whereby libwww is embedded too strongly into
> Amaya. Deleting libwww/ and Amaya/amaya/Makefile.libwww clearly aren't
> enough, so I'm wondering how I can remove the dependency on the private
> copy. Any pointers?

Regis Boudin provided a patch (see attached).
This patch won't be integrated as long as it breaks the standard build.

     Irène.
-----
Irène Vatton                     INRIA Rhône-Alpes
INRIA                               ZIRST
e-mail: [hidden email]       655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 61             Montbonnot
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             38334 Saint Ismier Cedex - France

enable_system_libwww.diff (15K) Download Attachment

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 10:57 +0200, Irene Vatton wrote:
> On Saturday 03 November 2007 12:45, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams wrote:
> > I'm trying to build Amaya 9.99 purely against system libraries, and I'm
> > running into a problem whereby libwww is embedded too strongly into
> > Amaya. Deleting libwww/ and Amaya/amaya/Makefile.libwww clearly aren't
> > enough, so I'm wondering how I can remove the dependency on the private
> > copy. Any pointers?
>
> Regis Boudin provided a patch (see attached).

Excellent, thanks. That doesn't bring me all the way, but it's a good
start.

> This patch won't be integrated as long as it breaks the standard build.

That's fine.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <[hidden email]>