Automate XML Conversion Process

abhi saxena
Hi

I would like to know is there any way to automate the process of XML Conversion from Html (Batch Run)..

Ex. I have 300 Html files of same format that needs to convert to XML

Is there any way to write a batch script so that  it will run the batch and do the conversion one by one?

tidy -asxhtml -numeric < (runtime filename) > (conversion file)

Any help you can provide is much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Regards
Rajnish

Re: Automate XML Conversion Process

Bjoern Hoehrmann
* abhi saxena wrote:
>Is there any way to write a batch script so that  it will run the batch and
>do the conversion one by one?
>
>tidy -asxhtml -numeric < (runtime filename) > (conversion file)
>
>Any help you can provide is much appreciated

That depends on your batch script processor. On Windows you can do
something like

  % mkdir xhtml
  % for %a in (*.html) do tidy ... %a > xhtml\%a

which would process all .html files in the current directory and store
the output in the 'xhtml' directory. HTML Tidy does not have built-in
methods to do this (without modifying the input files).