Attribute Value

Baha Olgun
Hi all,

I am using apache fop. And
<xsl:value-of select="graphic[@href]"/> like code did not work while converting to the pdf. I dont know why?

Regards,

Baha Olgun

Re: Attribute Value

G. Ken Holman
At 2012-09-16 09:43 -0700, Baha Olgun wrote:
>I am using apache fop. And
><xsl:value-of select="graphic[@href]"/> like code did not work while
>converting to the pdf. I dont know why?

Because you are addressing the element named <graphic>, you are not
addressing the href= attribute attached to that element.  I'm
assuming that you want the attribute, not the element.  So you need
to make sure the last step of your location path addresses the
attribute itself, and assuming your current node is the parent of the
<graphic> element, it would read as follows:

     graphic/@href

In XSL-FO (not specific to the FOP processor, but an aspect of the
specification for all processors), the name of the graphic is
supplied as a URL location, not as a simple value, to the
<external-graphic> construct.

Thus your XSLT stylesheet would look something like:

   <external-graphic src='url("{graphic/@href}")'/>

... or:

   <external-graphic>
     <xsl:attribute name="src">
       <xsl:text>url("</xsl:text>
       <xsl:value-of select="graphic/@href"/>
       <xsl:text>")</xsl:text/>
     </xsl:attribute>
   </external-graphic>

I hope this helps.

--
Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012
Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm