AskPythia, an implementation of the DDR Simple API in PHP

AskPythia, an implementation of the DDR Simple API in PHP

Francois Daoust
Hi survivors of the Device Description Working Group,

I have been working on a suite of tools to help generate mobileOK
content in authoring tools written in PHP lately. The whole thing is
called mobileOK Pythia, but the part I thought you might be interested
in is AskPythia.

AskPythia is an implementation of the DDR Simple API in PHP (PHP5
required as the code uses interfaces). It ships with a default
implementation on top of WURFL and a few facilities to ease interfacing
to other DDRs. WURFL capabilities are mapped to the DDR Core Vocabulary.

As PHP does not support method overloading, I have followed the
conventions used in the WSDL implementation referenced at the end of the
spec.

More information about AskPythia is available at:
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/mobileOKPythia/ddr.html

Thanks,
Francois.

RE: AskPythia, an implementation of the DDR Simple API in PHP

Rotan Hanrahan
Fantastic, Francois. I'll update the usual DD channels/lists so that people know of this. I'm sure plenty of PHP people would be interested in exploring how a DDR could help them.

---Rotan.

Francois.

RE: AskPythia, an implementation of the DDR Simple API in PHP

Ignacio Marin
Wonderful news, François.

Many thanks in the name of the survivors of the DDR WG.
Perhaps it would be good to link it from the DDR WG page.

I bet that our beloved surviving chair will say some words about it soon.

Thanks so much once again for this open implementation.

Best regards,

Nacho Marin

RE: AskPythia, an implementation of the DDR Simple API in PHP

Ignacio Marin
Mail was left in the Outbox. Chair won me :-)

Nacho