Anolis is no more.

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Anolis is no more.

Ms2ger
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi all,

Most of you are probably aware, but in case you aren't: Anolis hasn't
been maintained for over a year, so it's time to finally admit its
time has passed.

If you still use Anolis, please move to Tab Atkins' Bikeshed [1] tool.

Thank you,
Ms2ger

[1] https://github.com/tabatkins/bikeshed#bikeshed-a-spec-preprocessor
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJVez1HAAoJEOXgvIL+s8n23W0H/3yVVTIcaxnLK05UucSejadR
Uz4DvHLIxxNyg8RPnKT1B3e4C9GFSqqu40xlZX1cSLP8KnkY5CdrcYVFpZQNeCEg
atrTfXdanD9bNKpTpiDAvYAbdmcjGindmiRaXv7lFyTYPiYjW7OUGyXSlKMRGdnc
IAi90nRd0mxmLJNHGQCW/1/j3XvZW2K9gjMViElAFE530DYVAyI59cLPDMsJk1Gt
V3PN4yreofCVjWxWFgiX37AWeaJJsjbPCYGEw51Zekzzv9B+wpJpPh7+SDEvz7RX
qKYM38hE0aRS1pyndDIr/G3V0UPYbe/k0uccA0PVguHnwOgaLkA8cdczToFGHxA=
=FuYc
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anolis is no more.

Marcos Caceres-4



On June 12, 2015 at 4:13:53 PM, Ms2ger ([hidden email]) wrote:
> If you still use Anolis, please move to Tab Atkins' Bikeshed [1] tool.

Or ReSpec - "because a ReSpec spec doesn't end with .bs" ;) 
 
https://github.com/w3c/respec/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anolis is no more.

Dirk Schulze-3

> On Jun 12, 2015, at 10:17 PM, Marcos Caceres <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
>
> On June 12, 2015 at 4:13:53 PM, Ms2ger ([hidden email]) wrote:
>> If you still use Anolis, please move to Tab Atkins' Bikeshed [1] tool.
>
> Or ReSpec - "because a ReSpec spec doesn't end with .bs" ;)

Anyone thought about writing a spec for spec tools?

>  
> https://github.com/w3c/respec/
>


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Anolis is no more.

Robin Berjon-6
On 12/06/2015 22:24 , Dirk Schulze wrote:
>> On Jun 12, 2015, at 10:17 PM, Marcos Caceres <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On June 12, 2015 at 4:13:53 PM, Ms2ger ([hidden email]) wrote:
>>> If you still use Anolis, please move to Tab Atkins' Bikeshed [1] tool.
>>
>> Or ReSpec - "because a ReSpec spec doesn't end with .bs" ;)
>
> Anyone thought about writing a spec for spec tools?

We've mentioned it a few times. There could probably be value in
agreeing at least on a baseline syntax in common. I'm not sure it's
possible though (Bikeshed and ReSpec are actually a lot closer in small
details than they are in overall syntax). It also feels a little bit
uncomfortably meta.

They're also JFDI projects that might not work all that well with the
notion of standards :)

I've considered writing a Bikeshed mode for ReSpec to help people
switch, but didn't get around to it.

Fare well Anolis, victim to the relentless progress of Web technology!

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/ - @robinberjon