[Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Irene Vatton-2


A new snapshot (9.99-4) of the future Amaya release is now available.
This snapshot should fix OpenGL problems detected in previous snapshots.

Major changes are:
 o A contextual menu,
 o Amaya themes,
 o New panels
 o The File menu gives now access to the list of recent open documents
 o There is now a Select All command
 o Amaya proposes new options when a table, an image or an object are created
 o The links view display all elements with an id attribute
 o Class attributes are now displayed in the status bar
 o A Save As option to save without template

Pay attention: The default behaviour of Enter, Delete, and Backspace changes
in this new version. Previous XML editing mode is still available.
A new option in Preferences menu allows one to switch the current mode.
A new button in the bottom line displays the current editing mode (text or
XML) and allows one to switch the mode more quickly.

Screenshots of this new user interface are available at:
   http://www.w3.org/Amaya/screenshots/Overview.html

As usual pointers to packages are available at:
   http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html
   http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/SourceDist.html

Your feedback is welcome,

--
Irène Vatton @ INRIA Rhône-Alpes

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Sergio Monteiro Basto
rpm -Uvh amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm
Preparing...                ###########################################
[100%]
        package amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386 is already installed

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 17:54 +0100, Irene Vatton wrote:

>
> A new snapshot (9.99-4) of the future Amaya release is now available.
> This snapshot should fix OpenGL problems detected in previous snapshots.
>
> Major changes are:
>  o A contextual menu,
>  o Amaya themes,
>  o New panels
>  o The File menu gives now access to the list of recent open documents
>  o There is now a Select All command
>  o Amaya proposes new options when a table, an image or an object are created
>  o The links view display all elements with an id attribute
>  o Class attributes are now displayed in the status bar
>  o A Save As option to save without template
>
> Pay attention: The default behaviour of Enter, Delete, and Backspace changes
> in this new version. Previous XML editing mode is still available.
> A new option in Preferences menu allows one to switch the current mode.
> A new button in the bottom line displays the current editing mode (text or
> XML) and allows one to switch the mode more quickly.
>
> Screenshots of this new user interface are available at:
>    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/screenshots/Overview.html
>
> As usual pointers to packages are available at:
>    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html
>    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/SourceDist.html
>
> Your feedback is welcome,
>
--
Sérgio M. B.

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
bkc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

bkc

Can anyone make an AMD64 .deb of the snapshot?

I'm still not able to build amaya on 64-bit Ubuntu 7.10, but I'd like to
try the snapshot.


--
Brad Clements,                [hidden email]    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com                         
AOL-IM: BKClements


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Irene Vatton
In reply to this post by Sergio Monteiro Basto

On Thursday 13 December 2007 00:36, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> rpm -Uvh amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm
> Preparing...                ###########################################
> [100%]
>         package amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386 is already installed

I suggest to uninstall first the previous version
        rpm -e amaya_wx

then to install the new one
        rpm -i amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm

>
> On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 17:54 +0100, Irene Vatton wrote:
> > A new snapshot (9.99-4) of the future Amaya release is now available.
> > This snapshot should fix OpenGL problems detected in previous snapshots.
> >
> > Major changes are:
> >  o A contextual menu,
> >  o Amaya themes,
> >  o New panels
> >  o The File menu gives now access to the list of recent open documents
> >  o There is now a Select All command
> >  o Amaya proposes new options when a table, an image or an object are
> > created o The links view display all elements with an id attribute
> >  o Class attributes are now displayed in the status bar
> >  o A Save As option to save without template
> >
> > Pay attention: The default behaviour of Enter, Delete, and Backspace
> > changes in this new version. Previous XML editing mode is still
> > available. A new option in Preferences menu allows one to switch the
> > current mode. A new button in the bottom line displays the current
> > editing mode (text or XML) and allows one to switch the mode more
> > quickly.
> >
> > Screenshots of this new user interface are available at:
> >    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/screenshots/Overview.html
> >
> > As usual pointers to packages are available at:
> >    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html
> >    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/SourceDist.html
> >
> > Your feedback is welcome,

--
Irène Vatton @ INRIA Rhône-Alpes

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Irene Vatton-2
In reply to this post by bkc

On Thursday 13 December 2007 03:03, Brad Clements wrote:
> Can anyone make an AMD64 .deb of the snapshot?
>
> I'm still not able to build amaya on 64-bit Ubuntu 7.10, but I'd like to
> try the snapshot.

We'll do that package as soon as possible.
Meanwhile, you can test if the .deb package works on that machine.

Regards
--
Irène Vatton @ INRIA Rhône-Alpes

bkc
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

bkc

Irene Vatton wrote:

> On Thursday 13 December 2007 03:03, Brad Clements wrote:
>  
>> Can anyone make an AMD64 .deb of the snapshot?
>>
>> I'm still not able to build amaya on 64-bit Ubuntu 7.10, but I'd like to
>> try the snapshot.
>>    
>
> We'll do that package as soon as possible.
> Meanwhile, you can test if the .deb package works on that machine.
>  
I cannot install the i386 .deb on my amd64 Ubuntu. Is this what you
meant by "test if the .deb package works"?

Thanks

fire:/etc/mail# dpkg -i ~bkc/Downloads/amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-4.deb
dpkg: error processing /home/bkc/Downloads/amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-4.deb
(--install):
 package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /home/bkc/Downloads/amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-4.deb



--
Brad Clements,                [hidden email]    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com                         
AOL-IM: BKClements


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Sergio Monteiro Basto
In reply to this post by Irene Vatton

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:57 +0100, Irene Vatton wrote:
> then to install the new one
>         rpm -i amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm

is a 9.99-1 version not 9.99-4

that is my point
Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Sergio Monteiro Basto

On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 16:39 +0000, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:57 +0100, Irene Vatton wrote:
> > then to install the new one
> >         rpm -i amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm
>
> is a 9.99-1 version not 9.99-4
> that is my point

I don't remember where I get SPECS/amaya.spec

For example:
Name:           amaya
Version:        9.54
Release:        1%{?dist}

Version can't be 9.54-4 like:
Version:        9.54-4

rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/amaya.spec
error: line 3: Illegal char '-' in version: Version:    9.54-4

so , you can put a dot instead a "-" like:

Version:        9.54.4

BTW; here I find new .spec ?

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M.B.

smime.p7s (2K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Irene Vatton
In reply to this post by Sergio Monteiro Basto

On Thursday 13 December 2007 17:39, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:57 +0100, Irene Vatton wrote:
> > then to install the new one
> >         rpm -i amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm
>
> is a 9.99-1 version not 9.99-4
>
> that is my point
> Thanks,

We didn't update the version number in the amaya_wx.spec file
We just change the file number to keep it on the server.

Regards
--
Irène Vatton @ INRIA Rhône-Alpes

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Irene Vatton
In reply to this post by Sergio Monteiro Basto

On Friday 14 December 2007 03:51, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 16:39 +0000, Sergio Monteiro Basto wrote:
> > On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:57 +0100, Irene Vatton wrote:
> > > then to install the new one
> > >         rpm -i amaya_wx-9.99-1.i386-f6-4.rpm
> >
> > is a 9.99-1 version not 9.99-4
> > that is my point
>
> I don't remember where I get SPECS/amaya.spec

The file is Amaya/amaya_wx.spec and it works with amaya-fullsrc--9.99-4.tgz
that you can get from http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/SourceDist.html


> For example:
> Name:           amaya
> Version:        9.54
> Release:        1%{?dist}
>
> Version can't be 9.54-4 like:
> Version:        9.54-4
>
> rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/amaya.spec
> error: line 3: Illegal char '-' in version: Version:    9.54-4
>
> so , you can put a dot instead a "-" like:
>
> Version:        9.54.4
>
> BTW; here I find new .spec ?
>
> Thanks,

--
Irène Vatton @ INRIA Rhône-Alpes

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Announce] Snapshot Amaya 9.99-4

Laurent Carcone-2
In reply to this post by Irene Vatton-2

Hello,

There was a typo in the Distributions page. It should be ok now.

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone

Lucinda DeWitt a écrit :

>
> Attempting to retrieve the MacOSX PowerPC version of Amaya 9.99-4 from
> the binary distribution list results in the following error message:
>
> Not Found
>
> The requested URL /software/amaya/amaya-macosx-9.99-4.dmg was not
> found on this server.
> Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at wam.inrialpes.fr Port 80
>
> Lucinda DeWitt
>
>
> Irene Vatton wrote:
>>
>> A new snapshot (9.99-4) of the future Amaya release is now available.
>> This snapshot should fix OpenGL problems detected in previous snapshots.
>>
>> Major changes are:
>>  o A contextual menu,
>>  o Amaya themes,
>>  o New panels
>>  o The File menu gives now access to the list of recent open documents
>>  o There is now a Select All command
>>  o Amaya proposes new options when a table, an image or an object are
>> created
>>  o The links view display all elements with an id attribute
>>  o Class attributes are now displayed in the status bar
>>  o A Save As option to save without template
>>
>> Pay attention: The default behaviour of Enter, Delete, and Backspace
>> changes in this new version. Previous XML editing mode is still
>> available.
>> A new option in Preferences menu allows one to switch the current mode.
>> A new button in the bottom line displays the current editing mode
>> (text or XML) and allows one to switch the mode more quickly.
>>
>> Screenshots of this new user interface are available at:
>>    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/screenshots/Overview.html
>>
>> As usual pointers to packages are available at:
>>    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/BinDist.html
>>    http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/SourceDist.html
>>
>> Your feedback is welcome,
>>
>