Annotation in line

Fanny MANON
Hello,
I've tested yet the W3C annotation server and I wanted to know why it wasn't possible anymore to create annotation "in line", using algae script in the annotest interface (I can't find it anymore at http://annotest.w3.org/annotations) ...

I've installed an annotea server in my debian but it doesn't work very well (bad response) so I can't test my new client application.

Can you help me quickly ?
Thanks
Fanny

Re: Annotation in line

Ralph R. Swick

At 05:45 PM 3/15/2007 +0100, Fanny MANON wrote:
>I've tested yet the W3C annotation server and I wanted to know why it wasn't possible anymore to create annotation "in line", using algae script in the annotest interface (I can't find it anymore at <http://annotest.w3.org/annotations>http://annotest.w3.org/annotations) ...

indeed, it appears the interactive mode of the annotest
server has suffered some bit rot somewhere along the line.
Perhaps other parts of the annotest server have rotted as well.
We've not had resources to devote to maintaining it for quite
a while.   I don't see anything that is likely to change that
situation very quickly.  Sorry.

Re: Annotation in line

Martin J. Dürst

I seem to vaguely remember that we had some problems with Algae syntax.
There seem to have been two different versions of the syntax, and things
break down if the version used on the client side and the version used
on the server side don't match.

There was also a plan to upgrade the server interface to use Sparql,
and I think Eric had an implementation using some pre-REC Sparql syntax,
but I'm not sure this is deployed. Ideally, we would move Annotea servers
and clients to Sqarql, because it is now a Recommendation.

Regards,    Martin.

At 01:45 07/03/16, Fanny MANON wrote:

>Hello,
>I've tested yet the W3C annotation server and I wanted to know why it wasn't possible anymore to create annotation "in line", using algae script in the annotest interface (I can't find it anymore at <http://annotest.w3.org/annotations>http://annotest.w3.org/annotations) ...
>
>I've installed an annotea server in my debian but it doesn't work very well (bad response) so I can't test my new client application.
>
>Can you help me quickly ?
>Thanks
>Fanny
>

>D馗ouvrez une nouvelle fa輟n d'obtenir des r駱onses �toutes vos questions ! Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des exp駻iences des internautes sur <http://fr.rd.yahoo.com/evt=42054/*http://fr.answers.yahoo.com>Yahoo! Questions/R駱onses.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
#-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:[hidden email]