Anchor tag and disabled attribute

Mark Waddle
Hello,

This is a request for the "disabled" attribute to be extended beyond just form controls, and include the anchor tag. This is a very common need, particularly in web applications. Similar to form controls, it would prevent the click event on the anchor, thereby preventing navigation to the href. I would also recommend that browsers do not display a disabled anchor's href in the status bar on hover to reinforce the idea that clicking it will have no action.

My apologies if this has already been discussed. The nabble search feature is currently not working.

Mark