Amaya transforms symbolic link into file

Amaya transforms symbolic link into file

Dominique Meeùs-4
Using amaya 11.3.1 (Dec  9 2009) in Ubuntu 10.4.
I have an regular html file myfolder/myfile.html.
I have otherfolder/linktomyfile.html, a symbolic link (Linux) to
myfolder/myfile.html.
I open
otherfolder/linktomyfile.html in Amaya. I see the contents of myfolder/myfile.html. Fine.
I edit, save my work and quit Amaya. The changes are not saved in
myfolder/myfile.html. The file otherfolder/linktomyfile.html is not a symbolic link any more, it became a new independent html file with my editing of the contents of myfolder/myfile.html saved in it. This is unsatisfactory and potentially dangerous.