Amaya 0.99 under MacOS X (Tiger)

Thomas Roessler

Some issues with Amaya 0.99 under Tiger:

- Amaya leaves configuration files in the directory
  /Applications/(null).  What's that?

- Upon quitting, I get an "application terminated unexpectedly"
  dialogue, which suggests to me that Amaya crashes at some point
  shortly before terminating.

Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>

Re: Amaya 0.99 under MacOS X (Tiger)

Laurent Carcone-2

Hello Thomas,

Thomas Roessler wrote:
> Some issues with Amaya 0.99 under Tiger:
>
> - Amaya leaves configuration files in the directory
>   /Applications/(null).  What's that?

Since the version 9.55, the configuration file for Mac (thot.rc) is
stored in the directory 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support/amaya,
before that release, it was stored in the directory 'home_dir'/.amaya
(as linux versions), where 'home_dir' is the user directory (typically
/Users/'account-name').
Do the directories 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support,
'home_dir'/Library/Application Support/amaya and 'home_dir'/.amaya
exist for you ?
Was it the first time you use Amaya on Mac, did you use a version
previous to the 9.55 ?

> - Upon quitting, I get an "application terminated unexpectedly"
>   dialogue, which suggests to me that Amaya crashes at some point
>   shortly before terminating.

Is it repeatable, if so could you give us a scenario ?

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone

On 2007-12-04 12:25:49 +0100, Laurent Carcone wrote:

>> - Amaya leaves configuration files in the directory
>>   /Applications/(null).  What's that?

> Since the version 9.55, the configuration file for Mac (thot.rc) is stored
> in the directory 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support/amaya, before that
> release, it was stored in the directory 'home_dir'/.amaya (as linux
> versions), where 'home_dir' is the user directory (typically
> /Users/'account-name').
> Do the directories 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support,
> 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support/amaya and 'home_dir'/.amaya  exist
> for you ?
> Was it the first time you use Amaya on Mac, did you use a version previous
> to the 9.55 ?

I see that I mistyped the version number. I meant 9.99.  And, in
fact, it seems as though the problem has mysteriously gone away now.

>> - Upon quitting, I get an "application terminated unexpectedly"
>>   dialogue, which suggests to me that Amaya crashes at some point
>>   shortly before terminating.

> Is it repeatable, if so could you give us a scenario ?

It was repeatable for about a day, and now it isn't.  That's all
very strange.

Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>

Re: Amaya 0.99 under MacOS X (Tiger)

Laurent Carcone-2

>> Since the version 9.55, the configuration file for Mac (thot.rc) is stored
>> in the directory 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support/amaya, before that
>> release, it was stored in the directory 'home_dir'/.amaya (as linux
>> versions), where 'home_dir' is the user directory (typically
>> /Users/'account-name').
>> Do the directories 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support,
>> 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support/amaya and 'home_dir'/.amaya  exist
>> for you ?
>> Was it the first time you use Amaya on Mac, did you use a version previous
>> to the 9.55 ?
>>

> I see that I mistyped the version number. I meant 9.99.  And, in
> fact, it seems as though the problem has mysteriously gone away now.

Just to know, does the file 'home_dir'/Library/Application
Support/amaya/thot.rc exists for you?
Also the other question maybe interesting for us : Was it the first time
you use Amaya on Mac, did you use a version previous to the 9.55 ?

>>> - Upon quitting, I get an "application terminated unexpectedly"
>>>   dialogue, which suggests to me that Amaya crashes at some point
>>>   shortly before terminating.
>>>
>> Is it repeatable, if so could you give us a scenario ?
>>

> It was repeatable for about a day, and now it isn't.  That's all
> very strange.

Maybe related to the Preferences problem ?

Thanks,
Laurent Carcone

On 2007-12-04 12:39:39 +0100, Laurent Carcone wrote:

>>> Do the directories 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support,
>>> 'home_dir'/Library/Application Support/amaya and 'home_dir'/.amaya  exist
>>> for you ?

~/.amaya exists
~/Library/Application Support/amaya exists

>>> Was it the first time you use Amaya on Mac, did you use a version previous
>>> to the 9.55 ?

I haven't ever used 9.55 on this mac.  The first version I used was
9.99.

> Just to know, does the file 'home_dir'/Library/Application
> Support/amaya/thot.rc exists for you?

yes

> Also the other question maybe interesting for us : Was it the first time you
> use Amaya on Mac, did you use a version previous to the 9.55 ?

See above.

>> It was repeatable for about a day, and now it isn't.  That's all
>> very strange.

> Maybe related to the Preferences problem ?

I suspect so.

Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>

Re: Amaya 0.99 under MacOS X (Tiger)

Laurent Carcone-2

Was it the first time you use Amaya on Mac, did you use a version previous

> I haven't ever used 9.55 on this mac.  The first version I used was
> 9.99.

Last question, does your problem with the configuration file happened
the first time you used  Amaya 9.99 on mac after having installed it ?

Thanks,
Laurent

On 2007-12-04 12:54:40 +0100, Laurent Carcone wrote:

> Last question, does your problem with the configuration file
> happened the first time you used Amaya 9.99 on mac after having
> installed it ?

I believe so -- but then again, it took a while till I noticed that
directory, so I'm not 100% sure.

--
Thomas Roessler, W3C  <[hidden email]>