Altsoft presents the new version 3.0 of its .NET based Xml2PDF formatting
engine. The major new features of the new version include:
- Significant refactoring and optimization which make the new version about
3-4 times faster and 2-3 times less memory consuming than the current
commercial 2.x release;
- The support for raster graphics and GDI output;
- The support for MathML as an external graphics format;
- The support for SVG as an output format;
- The possibility to embed any supported format into any other;
- Improved formatting of all currently supported formats (XSL-FO, SVG,
All together Xml2PDF 3.0 supports the following file formats:
- Input XML formats: XSL-FO, SVG, XHTML, WordML, MathML.
- Output formats: PDF,SVG, raster graphics (BMP, EMF,TIFF, GIF, JPEG, PNG,
The formatting engine is implemented as pure managed .NET components and can
be easily integrated into any .NET-based solution. It does not use any
third-party applications or COM components.
The Xml2PDF 3.0 Beta version does not require any activation keys, but
produces an Altsoft watermark on each page. Please, note that this version
is not recommended for use on any production computer.
The commercial release of Xml2PDF is scheduled for March 2006.
The following three Xml2PDF editions are included into Xml2PDF 3.0 Beta
release and can be downloaded at
http://alt-soft.com/products_xml2pdf_v3b.jsp: - Xml2PDF Workstation, a dialog-based GUI application that validates and
converts any supported format to a number of output formats reporting all
errors and warnings.
- Xml2PDF Viewer, a rich GUI application that displays any supported XML
format on a screen and provides scaling, navigation and printing
functionality. It can also save open XML documents to any of the supported
- Xml2PDF API, the .NET component providing access to Xml2PDF formatting
functionality via the standard .NET interface.
All editions require Microsoft .NET 1.1 framework installed.