Ahem font missing x-height record

Peter Sorotokin

There are files that attempt to use ex unit, but the x-height value is actually missing in the Ahem font which is used for testing: according to ttfdump (Microsoft’s or FreeType’s) OS/2 table size is 78, and the offset to the x-height value is 86. Is it possible to use the font which actually has x-height value written in it, so that there is no guesswork?

Peter

Re: Ahem font missing x-height record

Ian Hickson

On 9/11/06, Peter Sorotokin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There are files that attempt to use ex unit, but the x-height value is
> actually missing in the Ahem font which is used for testing: according to
> ttfdump (Microsoft's or FreeType's) OS/2 table size is 78, and the offset to
> the x-height value is 86. Is it possible to use the font which actually has
> x-height value written in it, so that there is no guesswork?

I just uploaded a new AHEM____.TTF to my Web site. This new version
was created by Paul Nelson last year (or earlier this year, I forget)
to fix some space-related problems, and seems to also have introduced
explicit x-height information.

HTH,
Ian Hickson

RE: Ahem font missing x-height record

Peter Sorotokin

Cool - that worked. Thank you for the quick fix!

Peter