Agenda Aug 4 HL7 RDF / W3C COI: FHIR RDF - xsd:decimal and precision

Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
91 messages Options
12345
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 8: FHIR RDF examples on the HL7 github site

David Booth-6
Agenda continues from last week:

   - FHIR Turtle examples on github:
https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html
Please take a look.

   - FHIR RDF deliverables:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors

  - Revisiting fhir:ConceptBase nd fhir:CodingBase
https://www.w3.org/2016/02/23-hcls-minutes.html#item08

  - Issues list:
https://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/issues

Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth


















Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 15: FHIR RDF examples on the HL7 github site

David Booth-6
Agenda continues from last week:

   - FHIR Turtle examples on github:
https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html

   - FHIR RDF deliverables:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors

  - Revisiting fhir:ConceptBase nd fhir:CodingBase
https://www.w3.org/2016/02/23-hcls-minutes.html#item08

  - Issues list:
https://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/issues

Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth




















Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 15: FHIR RDF examples on the HL7 github site

Eric Prud'hommeaux
In reply to this post by David Booth-6
* David Booth <[hidden email]> [2016-03-14 18:35-0400]

> Agenda continues from last week:
>
>   - FHIR Turtle examples on github:
> https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html
>
>   - FHIR RDF deliverables:
> http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors
>
>  - Revisiting fhir:ConceptBase nd fhir:CodingBase
> https://www.w3.org/2016/02/23-hcls-minutes.html#item08
>
>  - Issues list:
> https://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/issues

This is too late for a formal discussion, but I'd like to discuss
formalizing our decisions in the form of schema a la:

  http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf#rdf-data-for-codeable-concept-instance

Advantages:
  testable.
  reusable (e.g. textShape).
  clarifies cardinalities.

Disadvantages:
  have to learn to use a formalism.
  can't sweep ambiguity under the rug.


> Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
> Webex:
> https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
> Meeting number: 644 184 695
> Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
> Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
>
> Agenda page:
> http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda
>
> Thanks!
> David Booth
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ***********************************************************************************
> Manage subscriptions - http://www.HL7.org/listservice
> View archives - http://lists.HL7.org/read/?forum=its
> Unsubscribe - http://www.HL7.org/tools/unsubscribe.cfm?email=eric@...&list=its
> Terms of use - http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#listrules

--
-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509
mobile: +33.6.80.80.35.59

([hidden email])
Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

There are subtle nuances encoded in font variation and clever layout
which can only be seen by printing this message on high-clay paper.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 15: FHIR RDF examples on the HL7 github site

Grahame Grieve-3
In reply to this post by David Booth-6
Hi Eric

We already do - the rdf page in the spec, and the generated turtle files are supposed to do this. Once we stop iterating on the instances, I will bring all that up to date

Grahame 

On Wednesday, 16 March 2016, Eric Prud'hommeaux <[hidden email]> wrote:
* David Booth <<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;david@dbooth.org&#39;)">david@...> [2016-03-14 18:35-0400]
> Agenda continues from last week:
>
>   - FHIR Turtle examples on github:
> https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html
>
>   - FHIR RDF deliverables:
> http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors
>
>  - Revisiting fhir:ConceptBase nd fhir:CodingBase
> https://www.w3.org/2016/02/23-hcls-minutes.html#item08
>
>  - Issues list:
> https://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/issues

This is too late for a formal discussion, but I'd like to discuss
formalizing our decisions in the form of schema a la:

  http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf#rdf-data-for-codeable-concept-instance

Advantages:
  testable.
  reusable (e.g. textShape).
  clarifies cardinalities.

Disadvantages:
  have to learn to use a formalism.
  can't sweep ambiguity under the rug.


> Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
> Webex:
> https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
> Meeting number: 644 184 695
> Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
> Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
>
> Agenda page:
> http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda
>
> Thanks!
> David Booth
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ***********************************************************************************
> Manage subscriptions - http://www.HL7.org/listservice
> View archives - http://lists.HL7.org/read/?forum=its
> Unsubscribe - http://www.HL7.org/tools/unsubscribe.cfm?email=eric@...&list=its
> Terms of use - http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#listrules

--
-ericP

office: +1.617.599.3509
mobile: +33.6.80.80.35.59

(<a href="javascript:;" onclick="_e(event, &#39;cvml&#39;, &#39;eric@w3.org&#39;)">eric@...)
Feel free to forward this message to any list for any purpose other than
email address distribution.

There are subtle nuances encoded in font variation and clever layout
which can only be seen by printing this message on high-clay paper.

***********************************************************************************
Manage subscriptions - http://www.HL7.org/listservice
View archives - http://lists.HL7.org/read/?forum=its
Unsubscribe - http://www.HL7.org/tools/unsubscribe.cfm?email=grahame@...&list=its
Terms of use - http://www.HL7.org/myhl7/managelistservs.cfm?ref=nav#listrules


--
-----
http://www.healthintersections.com.au / [hidden email] / +61 411 867 065
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 22: FHIR RDF examples on the HL7 github site

David Booth-6
In reply to this post by David Booth-6
Agenda continues from last week:

   - FHIR Turtle examples on github:
https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html

   - FHIR RDF deliverables:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors

  - (Re-visiting at Grahame's request in
https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/ontology/subject/turtle/near/5508 
): How should the root element be recognizable?

  - (Re-visiting at Grahame's request in
https://chat.fhir.org/#narrow/stream/ontology/subject/turtle/near/5508 
): How should https://hl7-fhir.github.io/rdf  be updated?

  - Issues list:
https://www.w3.org/2014/HCLS/track/issues

Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth






















Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Mar 29: FHIR RDF on github site

David Booth-6
Agenda:

# Funding for W3C HCLS interest group continuation [Eric]

# Anyone able to meet at W3C TPAC, Lisbon, Portugal19-23 September 2016?
https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/

# Draft of [http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf.html draft FHIR
RDF page on github] and aligning with
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/rdf.html Grahame's draft on HL7 github]

# Loading FHIR instance data into Protege.
[https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues/22 Do we need an
owl:Ontology declaration in the FHIR instance data?]

# Revisiting [https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues/8 issue 8:
fhir:resourceType to identify the root element]

# FHIR RDF (Turtle) examples
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html now on
HL7 github], by Grahame Grieve]
## [https://goo.gl/46t4YJ Annotated example in a google doc]

#
[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors 
FHIR RDF deliverables]

# [https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues Issues list]

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth
























Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Apr 5: FHIR RDF on github site

David Booth-6
Agenda:

# Draft of [http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf.html draft FHIR
RDF page on github] and aligning with
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/rdf.html Grahame's draft on HL7 github]

# Loading FHIR instance data into Protege.
[https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues/22 Do we need an
owl:Ontology declaration in the FHIR instance data?]

# FHIR RDF (Turtle) examples
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html now on
HL7 github], by Grahame Grieve]
## [https://goo.gl/46t4YJ Annotated example in a google doc]

#
[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors 

FHIR RDF deliverables]

# [https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues Issues list]

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth


























Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Apr 12: FHIR RDF on github site

David Booth-6
Apologies for the late agenda:

# Draft of [http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf.html draft FHIR
RDF page on github] and aligning with
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/rdf.html Grahame's draft on HL7 github]

# Loading FHIR instance data into Protege.
[https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues/22 Do we need an
owl:Ontology declaration in the FHIR instance data?]

# FHIR RDF (Turtle) examples
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html now on
HL7 github], by Grahame Grieve]
## [https://goo.gl/46t4YJ Annotated example in a google doc]

#
[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors 


FHIR RDF deliverables]

# [https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues Issues list]

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth




























Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Apr 19: FHIR RDF on github site

David Booth-6
Agenda:

# Draft of [http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf.html draft FHIR
RDF page on github] and aligning with
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/rdf.html Grahame's draft on HL7 github]

# Loading FHIR instance data into Protege.
[https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues/22 Do we need an
owl:Ontology declaration in the FHIR instance data?]

# FHIR RDF (Turtle) examples
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html now on
HL7 github], by Grahame Grieve]
## [https://goo.gl/46t4YJ Annotated example in a google doc]

#
[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors 



FHIR RDF deliverables]

# [https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues Issues list]

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth






























Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Apr 26: FHIR RDF on github site

David Booth-6
Agenda:

# Preparation for Montreal face-to-face meeting:
## Slides by Michael van der Zel for review
## Short presentation by Ken Lord? (see Apr 5 message)

# Draft of [http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf.html draft FHIR
RDF page on github] and aligning with
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/rdf.html Grahame's draft on HL7 github]

# Loading FHIR instance data into Protege.
[https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues/22 Do we need an
owl:Ontology declaration in the FHIR instance data?]

# FHIR RDF (Turtle) examples
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html now on
HL7 github], by Grahame Grieve]
## [https://goo.gl/46t4YJ Annotated example in a google doc]

#
[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors 
FHIR RDF deliverables]

# [https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues Issues list]

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth
































Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue May 3: FHIR RDF on github site

David Booth-6



-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: HL7/W3C Agenda Tue Apr 26: FHIR RDF on github site
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 09:37:21 -0400
From: David Booth <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email] <[hidden email]>, w3c semweb HCLS
<[hidden email]>

Agenda:

# Preparation for Montreal face-to-face meeting:
## Slides by Michael van der Zel for review
## Short presentation by Ken Lord? (see Apr 5 message)

# Draft of [http://w3c.github.io/hcls-fhir-rdf/spec/rdf.html draft FHIR
RDF page on github] and aligning with
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/rdf.html Grahame's draft on HL7 github]

# Loading FHIR instance data into Protege.
[https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues/22 Do we need an
owl:Ontology declaration in the FHIR instance data?]

# FHIR RDF (Turtle) examples
[https://hl7-fhir.github.io/allergyintolerance-example.ttl.html now on
HL7 github], by Grahame Grieve]
## [https://goo.gl/46t4YJ Annotated example in a google doc]

#
[http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=RDF_for_Semantic_Interoperability#Deliverables_and_Editors 

FHIR RDF deliverables]

# [https://github.com/w3c/hcls-fhir-rdf/issues Issues list]

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth


































Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue May 17: FHIR RDF alignment and validation

David Booth-6
Our focus this week should be on aligning our various FHIR RDF
artifacts, validating with ShEx, and working out remaining issues.

Agenda:

Followup from Montreal meeting

Draft of draft FHIR RDF page on github and aligning with Grahame's draft
on HL7 github
     Should a type arc be required on the target of a FHIR reference?
     Side-by-side document that Harold will use to drive ShEx creation
for build class

FHIR RDF (Turtle) examples now on HL7 github, by Grahame Grieve]
     Annotated example in a google doc

FHIR RDF deliverables

Issues list

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth




































Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

HL7/W3C Agenda Tue May 24: ShEx validation of FHIR RDF and FHIR on schema.org

David Booth-6
Agenda:

  - ShEx validation of FHIR RDF (Harold / Grahame)

  - ShEx validator service (EricP)

  - FHIR on schema.org (Harold)

We have two teleconferences each Tuesday:

  - Tuesdays, 11:00am Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=mcb82c729c6b6de936cf8c7eb3854fdd6
Meeting number: 644 184 695
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 644 184 695
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

  - Tuesdays, 5:00pm Eastern US (Boston) time zone
Webex:
https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m5cd1bd8bb36825b9c4b369fd664bbb62
Teleconference: +1-617-324-0000 Access code: 645 777 110
Meeting password: 4257 ("HCLS")
IRC: irc.w3.org port 6665 channel #hcls

Agenda page:
http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=ITS_RDF_ConCall_Agenda

Thanks!
David Booth


































Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

FHIR on schema.org

Renato Iannella-6
I would like to raise a concern about the FHIR on Schema.Org proposal [1] discussed at the last teleconference [2].

The issue is about the conflicting purposes of the two. Schema.org is (primarily) about publishing structured data via public web pages for improved search engine experiences. FHIR is (primarily) about healthcare data about people.

Clearly, there is a significant Privacy issue with FHIR data, that should *not* be made on public web pages (for Goggle/Bing to consume),

How will this issue be addressed?

(As it stands, the proposal would not meet the requirements of the W3C Privacy review [3].)

Renato

[1] http://fhir.fhir-schema-org.appspot.com/
[2] https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html#item03
[3] https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FHIR on schema.org

Marc Twagirumukiza
Hi Renato,
I quite understand your concern. We need to discuss deeply this esp. wrt the requirements of the W3C Privacy review (understand and implications) .
However it's the responsibility of every one to make its data public or not.
This doesn't prevent us to provide a way of expressing data (for those who want to do so) with FHIR standard using schema.org
Exposing this to public it's another story and we are not constraining people to do so. But expressing it (probably share it, under precise privacy constrains- between APIs) should be encouraged.

Just for your example, we are already expressing our internal healthcare data (and EHR data) using schema.org (although they are not public).
This has a benefit when we need to share such data with another APIs and there HL7 FHIR comes in as a standard.

Kind Regards,

Marc Twagirumukiza




From:        Renato Iannella <[hidden email]>
To:        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, w3c semweb HCLS <[hidden email]>
Date:        26/05/2016 02:04
Subject:        FHIR on  schema.org




I would like to raise a concern about the FHIR on Schema.Org proposal [1] discussed at the last teleconference [2].

The issue is about the conflicting purposes of the two. Schema.org is (primarily) about publishing structured data via public web pages for improved search engine experiences. FHIR is (primarily) about healthcare data about people.

Clearly, there is a significant Privacy issue with FHIR data, that should *not* be made on public web pages (for Goggle/Bing to consume),

How will this issue be addressed?

(As it stands, the proposal would not meet the requirements of the W3C Privacy review [3].)

Renato

[1]
http://fhir.fhir-schema-org.appspot.com/
[2]
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html#item03
[3]
https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FHIR on schema.org

Grahame Grieve-3
In reply to this post by Renato Iannella-6
people are already trying to use FHIR as a standard for sharing their healthcare data for research. While organizations can't share other people's data in public, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that the people will do it themselves. So the use case isn't impossible, it's only a policy question, as Marc says 

I'm interested in finding out more about this, how schema.org works with FHIR - is someone from the FHIR community involved in this effort?

Grahame


On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Marc Twagirumukiza <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Renato,
I quite understand your concern. We need to discuss deeply this esp. wrt the requirements of the W3C Privacy review (understand and implications) .
However it's the responsibility of every one to make its data public or not.
This doesn't prevent us to provide a way of expressing data (for those who want to do so) with FHIR standard using schema.org
Exposing this to public it's another story and we are not constraining people to do so. But expressing it (probably share it, under precise privacy constrains- between APIs) should be encouraged.

Just for your example, we are already expressing our internal healthcare data (and EHR data) using schema.org (although they are not public).
This has a benefit when we need to share such data with another APIs and there HL7 FHIR comes in as a standard.

Kind Regards,

Marc Twagirumukiza




From:        Renato Iannella <[hidden email]>
To:        "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, w3c semweb HCLS <[hidden email]>
Date:        26/05/2016 02:04
Subject:        FHIR on  schema.org




I would like to raise a concern about the FHIR on Schema.Org proposal [1] discussed at the last teleconference [2].

The issue is about the conflicting purposes of the two. Schema.org is (primarily) about publishing structured data via public web pages for improved search engine experiences. FHIR is (primarily) about healthcare data about people.

Clearly, there is a significant Privacy issue with FHIR data, that should *not* be made on public web pages (for Goggle/Bing to consume),

How will this issue be addressed?

(As it stands, the proposal would not meet the requirements of the W3C Privacy review [3].)

Renato

[1]
http://fhir.fhir-schema-org.appspot.com/
[2]
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html#item03
[3]
https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

***********************************************************************************
Manage your subscriptions | View the archives | Unsubscribe | Terms of use




--
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FHIR on schema.org

Marc Twagirumukiza
Hi Graham,
Thanks for this additional info.
The topic was discussed in last 'Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group Teleconference' with the ongoing work from Harold Solbrig and Quoqian Jiang team wrt FHIR RDF Group. I do not know if there's specifically someone from FHIR involved yet.
See point 3 of the minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html

From health-lifesci.schema.org side ( extension lead by ScheMed W3C CG https://www.w3.org/community/schemed/ & http://health-lifesci.schema.org ) I had preliminary discussion with the Harold team and now we have to find a way forward.
There's already very interesting exploration and PoC as you will see in pointers from the minutes.

Kind Regards,

Marc




From:        Grahame Grieve <[hidden email]>
To:        Marc Twagirumukiza/AXPZC/AGFA@AGFA
Cc:        [hidden email], "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, w3c semweb HCLS <[hidden email]>
Date:        26/05/2016 10:16
Subject:        Re: FHIR on schema.org
Sent by:        [hidden email]




people are already trying to use FHIR as a standard for sharing their healthcare data for research. While organizations can't share other people's data in public, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that the people will do it themselves. So the use case isn't impossible, it's only a policy question, as Marc says 

I'm interested in finding out more about this, how schema.org works with FHIR - is someone from the FHIR community involved in this effort?

Grahame


On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Marc Twagirumukiza <marc.twagirumukiza@...> wrote:
Hi Renato,
I quite understand your concern. We need to discuss deeply this esp. wrt the requirements of the W3C Privacy review (understand and implications) .
However it's the responsibility of every one to make its data public or not.
This doesn't prevent us to provide a way of expressing data (for those who want to do so) with FHIR standard using
schema.org
Exposing this to public it's another story and we are not constraining people to do so. But expressing it (probably share it, under precise privacy constrains- between APIs) should be encouraged.


Just for your example, we are already expressing our internal healthcare data (and EHR data) using
schema.org (although they are not public).
This has a benefit when we need to share such data with another APIs and there HL7 FHIR comes in as a standard.


Kind Regards,


Marc Twagirumukiza




From:        
Renato Iannella <r@...>
To:        
"its@..." <its@...>, w3c semweb HCLS <[hidden email]>
Date:        
26/05/2016 02:04
Subject:        
FHIR on  schema.org




I would like to raise a concern about the FHIR on Schema.Org proposal [1] discussed at the last teleconference [2].

The issue is about the conflicting purposes of the two. Schema.org is (primarily) about publishing structured data via public web pages for improved search engine experiences. FHIR is (primarily) about healthcare data about people.

Clearly, there is a significant Privacy issue with FHIR data, that should *not* be made on public web pages (for Goggle/Bing to consume),

How will this issue be addressed?

(As it stands, the proposal would not meet the requirements of the W3C Privacy review [3].)

Renato

[1]
http://fhir.fhir-schema-org.appspot.com/
[2]
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html#item03
[3]
https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

***********************************************************************************
Manage your subscriptions | View the archives | Unsubscribe | Terms of use




--
-----
http://www.healthintersections.com.au / grahame@... / +61 411 867 065

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FHIR on schema.org

Grahame Grieve-3
thanks. I'll chat to Harold

Grahame


On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 6:31 PM, Marc Twagirumukiza <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Graham,
Thanks for this additional info.
The topic was discussed in last 'Semantic Web Health Care and Life Sciences Interest Group Teleconference' with the ongoing work from Harold Solbrig and Quoqian Jiang team wrt FHIR RDF Group. I do not know if there's specifically someone from FHIR involved yet.
See point 3 of the minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html

From health-lifesci.schema.org side ( extension lead by ScheMed W3C CG https://www.w3.org/community/schemed/ & http://health-lifesci.schema.org ) I had preliminary discussion with the Harold team and now we have to find a way forward.
There's already very interesting exploration and PoC as you will see in pointers from the minutes.

Kind Regards,

Marc




From:        Grahame Grieve <[hidden email]>
To:        Marc Twagirumukiza/AXPZC/AGFA@AGFA
Cc:        [hidden email], "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, w3c semweb HCLS <[hidden email]>
Date:        26/05/2016 10:16
Subject:        Re: FHIR on schema.org
Sent by:        [hidden email]




people are already trying to use FHIR as a standard for sharing their healthcare data for research. While organizations can't share other people's data in public, there's plenty of anecdotal evidence that the people will do it themselves. So the use case isn't impossible, it's only a policy question, as Marc says 

I'm interested in finding out more about this, how schema.org works with FHIR - is someone from the FHIR community involved in this effort?

Grahame


On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 5:42 PM, Marc Twagirumukiza <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Renato,
I quite understand your concern. We need to discuss deeply this esp. wrt the requirements of the W3C Privacy review (understand and implications) .
However it's the responsibility of every one to make its data public or not.
This doesn't prevent us to provide a way of expressing data (for those who want to do so) with FHIR standard using
schema.org
Exposing this to public it's another story and we are not constraining people to do so. But expressing it (probably share it, under precise privacy constrains- between APIs) should be encouraged.


Just for your example, we are already expressing our internal healthcare data (and EHR data) using
schema.org (although they are not public).
This has a benefit when we need to share such data with another APIs and there HL7 FHIR comes in as a standard.


Kind Regards,


Marc Twagirumukiza




From:        
Renato Iannella <[hidden email]>
To:        
"[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>, w3c semweb HCLS <[hidden email]>
Date:        
26/05/2016 02:04
Subject:        
FHIR on  schema.org




I would like to raise a concern about the FHIR on Schema.Org proposal [1] discussed at the last teleconference [2].

The issue is about the conflicting purposes of the two. Schema.org is (primarily) about publishing structured data via public web pages for improved search engine experiences. FHIR is (primarily) about healthcare data about people.

Clearly, there is a significant Privacy issue with FHIR data, that should *not* be made on public web pages (for Goggle/Bing to consume),

How will this issue be addressed?

(As it stands, the proposal would not meet the requirements of the W3C Privacy review [3].)

Renato

[1]
http://fhir.fhir-schema-org.appspot.com/
[2]
https://www.w3.org/2016/05/24-hcls-minutes.html#item03
[3]
https://www.w3.org/TR/security-privacy-questionnaire/

***********************************************************************************
Manage your subscriptions | View the archives | Unsubscribe | Terms of use




--
-----
http://www.healthintersections.com.au / [hidden email] / <a href="tel:%2B61%20411%20867%20065" value="+61411867065" target="_blank">+61 411 867 065




--
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FHIR on schema.org

Renato Iannella-6
In reply to this post by Marc Twagirumukiza

On 26 May 2016, at 17:42, Marc Twagirumukiza <[hidden email]> wrote:

However it's the responsibility of every one to make its data public or not. 
This doesn't prevent us to provide a way of expressing data (for those who want to do so) with FHIR standard using schema.org 

I think the onus is on the spec development side to show how privacy issues are addressed (mitigated).
Hence, using “Privacy-By-Design” principles [1] (for example).

The current FHIR core spec uses a secure protocol for exchange of data (ie good design) for XML/JSON.
But if we then say - here is how you encode FHIR data in public web pages and publish schema.org URIs - then we must be able to specifically address these privacy concerns. (I imagine a lot of Privacy Advocacy groups would be interested if they saw that.)

Just for your example, we are already expressing our internal healthcare data (and EHR data) using schema.org (although they are not public). 
This has a benefit when we need to share such data with another APIs and there HL7 FHIR comes in as a standard. 

Does that mean you are encoding FHIR Data using RDFa/Microdata? (and using schema.org URIs for all the FHIR concepts?)

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: FHIR on schema.org

David Booth-6
On 05/26/2016 08:16 PM, Renato Iannella wrote:

>
>> On 26 May 2016, at 17:42, Marc Twagirumukiza
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> However it's the responsibility of every one to make its data public
>> or not.
>> This doesn't prevent us to provide a*way of expressing data*(for those
>> who want to do so) with FHIR standard usingschema.org <http://schema.org/>
>
> I think the onus is on the spec development side to show how privacy
> issues are addressed (mitigated).
> Hence, using “Privacy-By-Design” principles [1] (for example).
>
> The current FHIR core spec uses a secure protocol for exchange of data
> (ie good design) for XML/JSON.
> But if we then say - here is how you encode FHIR data in public web
> pages and publish schema.org <http://schema.org> URIs - then we must be
> able to specifically address these privacy concerns. (I imagine a lot of
> Privacy Advocacy groups would be interested if they saw that.)

I think it is important to distinguish two separate and orthogonal concerns:

  1. What data should be shared or exchanged?

  2. What does the data mean?

Security and privacy are all about #1 -- not #2.   Schema.org and
healthcare vocabularies address #2 -- not #1.  They are all about
creating a shared understanding of what the data means, in order to
achieve interoperability between parties that have already decided to
exchange data.  This is completely orthogonal to the question of whether
that data should be shared or exchanged.

Privacy-By-Design principles are very relevant to protocol
specifications, but they are not very relevant to vocabularies whose
purpose is to enable shared understanding of data meaning.

David Booth


>
>> Just for your example, we are already expressing our internal
>> healthcare data (and EHR data) usingschema.org
>> <http://schema.org/>(although they are not public).
>> This has a benefit when we need to share such data with another APIs
>> and there HL7 FHIR comes in as a standard.
>
> Does that mean you are encoding FHIR Data using RDFa/Microdata? (and
> using schema.org <http://schema.org> URIs for all the FHIR concepts?)
>
> Cheers - Renato
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/TR/2012/NOTE-app-privacy-bp-20120703/

12345