[ANN] W3C XML Query WG and XSL WG Full Text Test Suite

[ANN] W3C XML Query WG and XSL WG Full Text Test Suite

Jim Melton-3
Gentlepeople,

The W3C's XML Query Working Group and XSL Working Group are pleased to announce the availability of version 1.0.0 of the Query and XPath Full Text 1.0 Test Suite (XQFTTS) at http://dev.w3.org/2007/xpath-full-text-10-test-suite/.

XQFTTS 1.0.0 is the initial public release of this test suite.  This release contains approximately 650 XQuery and XPath Full Text 1.0 tests embedded into either XQuery 1.0 expressions or XPath 2.0 expressions.  We encourage implementors of XQuery and XPath Full Text to run XQFTTS 1.0.0 and send us their implementation reports.  Implementors who are familiar with the XML Query Test Suite (XQTS) found at http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/ will discover that the mechanisms used to run the two test suites are substantially identical.  XQFTTS 1.0.0 does not contain any tests expressed in the XML syntax, known as XQueryX.  A follow-up release of XQFTTS is planned for the very near future that adds the XQueryX tests to the existing tests.

We look forward to receiving reports that demonstrate sufficient implementation experience to enable us to transition to Proposed Recommendation in the third quarter or fourth quarter of 2009.  We will continue to maintain and enhance the test suite after our transition to Proposed Recommendation.

Jim, Chair of the W3C XML Query WG
On behalf of Sharon Adler, Chair of the W3C XSL WG

Jim Melton --- Editor of ISO/IEC 9075-* (SQL)     Phone: +1.801.942.0144
  Chair, W3C XML Query WG; XQX (etc.) editor       Fax : +1.801.942.3345
Oracle Corporation        Oracle Email: jim dot melton at oracle dot com
1930 Viscounti Drive      Standards email: jim dot melton at acm dot org
Sandy, UT 84093-1063 USA          Personal email: jim at melton dot name
=  Facts are facts.   But any opinions expressed are the opinions      =
=  only of myself and may or may not reflect the opinions of anybody   =
=  else with whom I may or may not have discussed the issues at hand.  =