ANN: Draft text fragment ontology for NIF 2.0

ANN: Draft text fragment ontology for NIF 2.0

Sebastian Hellmann
Dear lists (nlp2rdf, uri@w3c, open annotation@w3c),

we would like to announce a very early first draft of the fragment ontology for the NLP Interchange Format (NIF) as a basis for discussion.

We do this with the following motivation:
1. We think that you might have had similar thoughts and encountered similar problems.
2. We would like NIF 2.0 to be designed to be interoperable from the start.
3. There are some problems that may be really difficult to tackle and we  everybody's ideas and  help to do it right.

Especially, the question whether:

<http://nlp2rdf.lod2.eu/usecases/plaintext.txt#char=0,> a <rfc5147Selection> ;

owl:sameAs <http://nlp2rdf.lod2.eu/usecases/plaintext.txt>  .

To collect feedback efficiently, we have deployed this state-of-the-art web ontology editor. Please look at the most simple ontology first. It is called *fragment.ttl* (inf and val are for reasoning) :
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B1Mk5ouIspH1N3QxMFFzVlZLbVk/edit?pli=1
Don't hesitate to comment on the lists or the document. The ontology are also available online, but not synced with the Google Doc.

We started to make a collection of use cases for NIF 2.0, please add your use case and we will try to honor it during the development of NIF 2.0 .
http://wiki.nlp2rdf.org/wiki/Use_cases_and_requirements#Use_cases

All the best,
Sebastian on behalf of the NLP2RDF community:
http://nlp2rdf.org/involved-people
--
Dipl. Inf. Sebastian Hellmann
Events: