A question about draft-ietf-uri-url-finger

A question about draft-ietf-uri-url-finger

Mykyta Yevstifeyev
Hello,

In 1995 on this list, as I understood, there were some discussions about draft-ietf-uri-url-finger (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-uri-url-finger-02.txt).  The message from 7 September 1995 (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/1995Sep/0008.html) contained information about this document entering LC.  However the Datatracker has no records from that time.  I couldn't also find any future mention of this draft in this list's archives.  There is nothing related to this draft in old [hidden email] archives (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/mail129.html).

Therefore my question is - what happened then?  What were the results of LC and did IESG do something with this document?

Best regards,
Mykyta Yevstifeyev

Re: A question about draft-ietf-uri-url-finger

Martin J. Dürst
I have cc'ed the author of the document, because I don't think he is on
this list anymore.

On 2011/04/02 13:40, Mykyta Yevstifeyev wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In 1995 on this list, as I understood, there were some discussions about
> draft-ietf-uri-url-finger
> (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-uri-url-finger-02.txt). The message
> from 7 September 1995
> (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/1995Sep/0008.html) contained
> information about this document entering LC. However the Datatracker has
> no records from that time. I couldn't also find any future mention of
> this draft in this list's archives. There is nothing related to this
> draft in old [hidden email] archives
> (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/mail129.html).
>
> Therefore my question is - what happened then?

Well, the easiest guess is that nothing happened.

Regards,   Martin.

> What were the results of
> LC and did IESG do something with this document?
>
> Best regards,
> Mykyta Yevstifeyev

Re: A question about draft-ietf-uri-url-finger

John Cowan-3
"Martin J. Dürst" scripsit:

> I have cc'ed the author of the document, because I don't think he is
> on this list anymore.

It's worth noting, I think, that gopher URLs support the finger
protocol as well: gopher://ccil.org:79/0cowan is equivalent to
finger://ccil.org/cowan.

(You can get support for Gopher in modern web browsers at
http://gopher.floodgap.com/overbite .)

--
Is not a patron, my Lord [Chesterfield],        John Cowan
one who looks with unconcern on a man           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan