9.55 does not display PNGs

Urs Holzer

Hello

It seems that Amaya does not want to display PNG images any more. I
guess in 9.54 it worked. Does anyone else have this problem?
I am running on Debian etch amd64 and using wxWidgets. The version of
the libpng library is 1.2.15~beta5-1.
Other image formats (jpg, gif, svg) are shown as expected.

Re: 9.55 does not display PNGs

Émilien Kia

Le jeudi 12 juillet 2007 à 21:43 +0200, Urs Holzer a écrit :
> Hello
>
> It seems that Amaya does not want to display PNG images any more. I
> guess in 9.54 it worked. Does anyone else have this problem?
> I am running on Debian etch amd64 and using wxWidgets. The version of
> the libpng library is 1.2.15~beta5-1.
> Other image formats (jpg, gif, svg) are shown as expected.

Hello

PNGs are shown normally on my computer with the last version of amaya.
Could you send me your exact Amaya version (plateform, package
version ...) and URLs where PNGs are not shown.

Regards

Emilien

Re: 9.55 does not display PNGs

Urs Holzer

Am Freitag, 13. Juli 2007 08:21 schrieb Emilien Kia:

> Le jeudi 12 juillet 2007 à 21:43 +0200, Urs Holzer a écrit :
> > Hello
> >
> > It seems that Amaya does not want to display PNG images any more. I
> > guess in 9.54 it worked. Does anyone else have this problem?
> > I am running on Debian etch amd64 and using wxWidgets. The version
> > of the libpng library is 1.2.15~beta5-1.
> > Other image formats (jpg, gif, svg) are shown as expected.
>
> Hello
>
> PNGs are shown normally on my computer with the last version of
> amaya. Could you send me your exact Amaya version (plateform, package
> version ...) and URLs where PNGs are not shown.

My Plattform is Debian etch Linux amd64

Sorry, what I said was not fully correct. It doesn't work with Amaya9.54
either. But some time ago, it worked. I think that it doesn't work any
more since the last software update I made.

The guys from debian made some changes, one of them is that g++ reports
the cast from void* to int as an error on 64 bit plattforms. (I think
it was a warning before) This problem has already been mentioned in the
thread "64-bit clean code". I don't know what other things they
changed. Perhaps I can find out ...

The problem with the PNGs does not turn up on Debian etch i386, so it
must be some amd64 related problem.

Other applications that use libpng work fine.

I checked out Amaya right now (2007-07-13) the latest revision (HEAD)
from CVS (I had to replace an (int) with a (long int) in
thotlib/dialogue/attrmenu.c to get it to compile,
but this should not be related with my problem.)
The same problem turns up in releases 9.55-2 and 9.54

Some URLs:
http://www.w3.org/
        http://www.w3.org/Icons/w3c_main
http://www.w3.org/Amaya/
        http://www.w3.org/Icons/WWW/w3c_home
        http://www.w3.org/Amaya/Icons/amaya_logo_65x50.png
http://www.andonyar.com/
        http://www.andonyar.com/stylesheets/eingerollt.png
        http://www.andonyar.com/stylesheets/bg_andonyar.png

It does not depend whether the images are referenced by CSS, by
html:img, or whether one views them directly.

Tell me if you need more information. Crazy problem ...

Greetings
Urs