508 Compliance Macros for Word

Sydelle Moore
Hi--
Does anyone have macros that they use to help make Word documents 508 compliant that they might be willing to share?

We have word documents that are regularly shared in an office that requires compliance for internal documents, so it would be helpful to give folks a tool to use to get at least some basic compliance in place.
The documents often include tables, charts and graphs in addition to the basic text, but rarely images.

Thanks in advance.

---------------------------
Sydelle Moore

RE: 508 Compliance Macros for Word

Sean Murphy (seanmmur)

Have you used the Microsoft Accessibility checker found in the information tab?

Sean Murphy

Accessibility Software engineer

[hidden email]

Tel: +61 2 8446 7751      Cisco Systems, Inc.

The Forum 201 Pacific Highway

ST LEONARDS

2065

Australia

cisco.com

 Think before you print.

Sydelle Moore

RE: 508 Compliance Macros for Word

Accessys@smart.net

only can be sure it works if used exclusively on windows computers.
what about the rest of the world.
and I wouldn't even assume it works perfectyl on Word.

Bob

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016, Sean Murphy (seanmmur) wrote:

> Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 00:12:02 +0000
> From: "Sean Murphy (seanmmur)" <[hidden email]>
> To: Sydelle Moore <[hidden email]>,
>     "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
> Subject: RE: 508 Compliance Macros for Word
>
> Have you used the Microsoft Accessibility checker found in the information tab?
>
> Sean Murphy
> Accessibility Software engineer
> [hidden email]
> Tel: +61 2 8446 7751      Cisco Systems, Inc.
> The Forum 201 Pacific Highway
> ST LEONARDS
> 2065
> Australia
> cisco.com
> Think before you print.
> This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive for the recipient), please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies of this message.

Ta, Duc
Have you ever used Microsoft Accessibility Checker along with Document Accessibility Tool (DAT) from Vision Australia. The checker let you know what fails in the document. DAT is a tool that helps you make Word accessible in an easy way. You can check it at Vision Australia website. It is an open source tool to download and use.

Best,
Duc Ta

--

--------------------------------

Duc Ta

IT Consultant

Tel:   (323) 412-4894

www.dtaconsulting.org

RE: 508 Compliance Macros for Word

Rob Sinclair

That’s a good option.

Another good resource is the Office Accessibility Checker built into Office 2010 and later.  It works with Word, Excel and PowerPoint, flags a set of common errors and suggest steps to fix them.

To run it, open the Office Backstage or File menu (depending on your version) and then choose Check for Issues | Check Accessibility.

Rob Sinclair

Microsoft Global UX Consulting Practice