4th RuleML Doctoral Consortium 2014 - Call for Papers
Call for Papers
4th RuleML Doctoral Consortium 2014, part of the RuleML'14 symposium held in conjunction with ECAI 2014, the 21st European Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Prague, Czech Republic, August 18 - 20, 2014
About the Doctoral Consortium
The RuleML 2014 Doctoral Consortium (DC) is one of the highlights at RuleML 2014 Conference. It is an initiative to attract and promote Ph.D. research. The DC offers to students a close contact with leading experts on the field, as well as the opportunity to present and discuss their ideas in a dynamic and friendly setting. The accepted thesis descriptions will be presented to a panel of senior researchers.
We expect submissions on any (but not limited to) of this year's RuleML2014 topics.
Students are invited to submit an original description of their work addressing the following aspects:
* A clear formulation of the research question
* An identification of the significant problems in the field of research
* An outline of the current knowledge of the problem domain, as well as the state of existing solutions
* A presentation of any preliminary ideas, the proposed approach and the results achieved so far
* A sketch of the applied research methodology
* A description of the Ph.D. project's contribution to the problem solution
* A discussion of how the suggested solution is different, new, or better as compared to existing approaches to the problem
* An initial evaluation methodology for the emerging work with evaluation criteria and an evaluation plan, especially about ways for obtaining feedback from real-world data
At a special session of RuleML 2014, we will present awards for the Doctoral Consortium best paper and its runner-up.
RuleML 2014 Doctoral Consortium Chairs
Petros Stefaneas (National Technical University of Athens, Greece)
Monica Palmirani (Universita di Bologna, Italy)
June 6, 2014,
Notification of accepted DC papers:
June 18, 2014,
June 28, 2014.
High quality, original papers, max. 15 pages can be submitted at