Quantcast

3 features wished: copy & paste

Threaded

3 features wished: copy & paste

Jean-Marc Vanel-2
Hi all

The first feature wished is copying from the selection on Linux. It works quite well, but there is a case were the clipboard is not updated. When double-clicking on a word, that word is selected, but the clipboard is not updated.

The second feature wished is pasting from the clipboard, when the content has HTML markup, like when pasting a hyperlink from Firefox or OpenOffice. In this case, the outcome of pasting is just plain text.

And then while I'm here, drag'n'drop rich text from Firefox or OpenOffice would also be nice.

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,

Re: 3 features wished: copy & paste

urlwolf

Jean-Marc Vanel-2 wrote
Hi all

The first feature wished is copying from the selection on Linux. It works
quite well, but there is a case were the clipboard is not updated. When
double-clicking on a word, that word is selected, but the clipboard is not
updated.

The second feature wished is pasting from the clipboard, when the content
has HTML markup, like when pasting a hyperlink from Firefox or OpenOffice.
In this case, the outcome of pasting is just plain text.

And then while I'm here, drag'n'drop rich text from Firefox or OpenOffice
would also be nice.

--
Jean-Marc Vanel
Consulting, services, training,
Rule-based programming, Semantic Web
http://jmvanel.free.fr/
Sorry to bring up this old topic, but rich text copy-paste would be killer.
I'm considering using amaya as a (portable) notetaker, and this is a make-it-or-break-it feature.

Thanks!
Threaded

Re: 3 features wished: copy & paste

urlwolf

Sorry but it's even worse than I expected.
Copying from one tab to another in wysiwyg will remove all formatting.
This is limiting; your content formatting cannot be hostage of one single tab.

Is this something you think has an easy solution? Any workaround (other than copying from the source window)?
Thanks!
Threaded

Re: 3 features wished: copy & paste

Vatton
Le samedi 05 décembre 2009 à 14:47 -0800, urlwolf a écrit :

> Jean-Marc Vanel-2 wrote:
> >
> > Hi all
> >
> > The first feature wished is copying from the selection on Linux. It works
> > quite well, but there is a case were the clipboard is not updated. When
> > double-clicking on a word, that word is selected, but the clipboard is not
> > updated.

This is fixed in Amaya 11.3

> > The second feature wished is pasting from the clipboard, when the content
> > has HTML markup, like when pasting a hyperlink from Firefox or OpenOffice.
> > In this case, the outcome of pasting is just plain text.

Still not implemented. To go around you can open the source view by
double click on the bottom split bar and copy or paste in the
synchronized source code. I agree it's less comfortable.

> > And then while I'm here, drag'n'drop rich text from Firefox or OpenOffice
> > would also be nice.

The wxWidgets toolkit used by Amaya manages the drag and drop works at
the file level.

--
Irene Vatton <[hidden email]>
INRIA