[#168] After TLS is finished

Martin Thomson-3
Patrick rightly points out that the current text prohibits
optimizations like false start:

--
3.5
" client sends the client connection

as written that prohibits TLS optimizations like False Start from
being used - I'm sure that's not the intention of the text.

I suggest "or as the first Application Data bytes of a TLS connection."

--
I'm going to fix this right away.  I don't know if people are planning
to do false start for the interop test, but I expect that this change

That is, this should just be a text change to match the implied
reality.  Let me know if that is a problem and I can back out the
change.

Re: [#168] After TLS is finished

Alexey Melnikov
On 09/07/2013 18:32, Martin Thomson wrote:

> Patrick rightly points out that the current text prohibits
> optimizations like false start:
>
> --
> 3.5
> " client sends the client connection
> header immediately upon receipt of a 101 Switching Protocols response
> (indicating a successful upgrade), or after receiving a TLS Finished
> message from the server. "
>
> as written that prohibits TLS optimizations like False Start from
> being used - I'm sure that's not the intention of the text.
>
> I suggest "or as the first Application Data bytes of a TLS connection."
>
> --
> I'm going to fix this right away.  I don't know if people are planning
> to do false start for the interop test, but I expect that this change
> will match what people will be doing anyway.  I don't think that
> anyone has implemented such a lame restriction.
+1.